* Require *Genuine* Help
@ 2006-10-22  6:17 David
From: David @ 2006-10-22  6:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

This request has been posted B4 yet I received replies from idiots only that
gave no help whatsoever.

Whenever I try to view JPG's or JPEG's I get the following response:-

Unable to display file.

The JPG file could not be decoded.

C:\NEWSROVER\!!!SP4.JPEG

OK

The fault cannot be that the file is too old because it was posted in
October, *and* other JPG's/JPEG's are being displayed, namely spam
containing JPEGs of unbelievably fat women. Do I have to make adjustments to
get the JPG's I wish to view?

Your help would be appreciated, David.

* Re: Require *Genuine* Help
@ 2006-12-04  6:37 ` Gernot Hassenpflug
From: Gernot Hassenpflug @ 2006-12-04  6:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

"David" <hidihox2@hushmail.com> writes:

> Whenever I try to view JPG's or JPEG's I get the following response:-
>
> Unable to display file.
>
> The JPG file could not be decoded.
>
> C:\NEWSROVER\!!!SP4.JPEG
>
> OK

Try saving the file, and viewing it with another viewer. There are too
many variables. Sometimes the encoding person has broken the image,
perhaps your reader is unable to parse such a deformation. I have
similar problems with gnus on some newsgroups, for some
posters. Unless you're prepared to put up the data you're interested
in on a webpage, post your logs and attempts here, it'll be hard to
help you further than this.
--
Gernot Hassenpflug