* Mail Reply to attached message
@ 2005-11-29 14:07 Sascha Wilde
From: Sascha Wilde @ 2005-11-29 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi *,

is there a convenient way in gnus to reply to an forwarded
(MIME message/rfc822 attachment) message?

The only way I found so far is:
- "safe to file" the attachment
- import the saved message (`B i')
- Follow up on the new message

Is there a better way?
(In mutt one can simply select the attachment and reply on it
directly)

cheers
sascha
--
Sascha Wilde : "Ist es nicht schon schlimm genug, dass ICH hier rumtrolle?"
             : (Henning Leise in d.o.c.)

* Re: Mail Reply to attached message
@ 2005-11-29 14:16 ` David Kastrup
From: David Kastrup @ 2005-11-29 14:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sascha Wilde <wilde@sha-bang.de> writes:

> Hi *,
>
> is there a convenient way in gnus to reply to an forwarded
> (MIME message/rfc822 attachment) message?

C-d seems like a good candidate.

* Re: Mail Reply to attached message
@ 2005-11-29 14:16 ` Romain Francoise
From: Romain Francoise @ 2005-11-29 14:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sascha Wilde <wilde@sha-bang.de> writes:

> is there a convenient way in gnus to reply to an forwarded (MIME
> message/rfc822 attachment) message?

1. Hit C-d
2. Select the part you want to reply to
3. Hit R, r, F, f ... at your convenience

--
Romain Francoise <romain@orebokech.com> | The sea! the sea! the open
it's a miracle -- http://orebokech.com/ | sea! The blue, the fresh, the

@ 2005-11-29 14:24   ` Sascha Wilde
From: Sascha Wilde @ 2005-11-29 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> wrote:
> Sascha Wilde <wilde@sha-bang.de> writes:

>> is there a convenient way in gnus to reply to an forwarded
>> (MIME message/rfc822 attachment) message?
>
> C-d seems like a good candidate.

Thanks, that is exactly what I was missing.

sascha
--
Sascha Wilde

"Unix was the first OS where you could carry the media and system
documentation around in a briefcase. This was fixed in BSD4.2."