* Re: Automatic insertion of expires header
       [not found] <3234708948906645@oakhurst.yi.org>
@ 2002-07-03 20:27 ` Josh Huber
From: Josh Huber @ 2002-07-03 20:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thomas Skogestad <tskogest@jusstud.uio.no> writes:

> I would like to have Gnus insert an "Expires" header. I would like
> to use posting styles so that this can be on a per group basis. But
> how?

How about...

(defun make-expires-date (days)
  (let* ((cur (decode-time (current-time)))
	 (nday (+ days (nth 3 cur))))
    (setf (nth 3 cur) nday)
    (time-stamp-strftime "%a, %d %b %Y %H:%M:%S %Z"
			 (apply 'encode-time cur))))

And, inside posting styles:

(setq gnus-posting-styles
      '((".*"
	 ("Expires" (make-expires-date 30)))

	("other.group"
	 ("Expires" (make-expires-date 10)))))

Something like that?  I didn't try it, but it may do what you want :)

You might want to change the format of the date.  That format is the
standard required for HTTP expires headers, and I didn't even know
about the NNTP expires header until now...

have a nice day,

--
Josh Huber

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-07-03 20:27 UTC | newest]