* Re: Cannot read partial active file msg
       [not found] <mailman.18267.1421834079.1147.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
@ 2015-01-29  3:12 ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2015-01-29  3:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Sivaram Neelakantan <nsivaram.net@gmail.com> writes:

> I just noticed that I keep getting this message over the last few
> days.  What does this mean?
>
> Opening nntp server on freenews.netfront.net...done
> Cannot read partial active file from nntp server.
> Reading active file via nndraft...done

It probably means that the nntp server isn't returning any data when
you're requesting a group listing.

* Re: Cannot read partial active file msg
@ 2015-01-29 17:04   ` Sivaram Neelakantan
From: Sivaram Neelakantan @ 2015-01-29 17:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Thu, Jan 29 2015,Lars Ingebrigtsen wrote:

> Sivaram Neelakantan <nsivaram.net@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I just noticed that I keep getting this message over the last few
>> days.  What does this mean?
>>
>> Opening nntp server on freenews.netfront.net...done
>> Cannot read partial active file from nntp server.
>> Reading active file via nndraft...done
>
> It probably means that the nntp server isn't returning any data when
> you're requesting a group listing.

That's weird, I was getting these messages as it was downloading
headers and now the server has completely stopped responding.

Dunno, will wait for the server to come up

 sivaram

* Cannot read partial active file msg
@ 2015-01-21  9:54 Sivaram Neelakantan