* Problem with encoding in header
@ 2014-11-21 14:06 Remi Vanicat
From: Remi Vanicat @ 2014-11-21 14:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hello,

From recently, I've a problem when sending mail or posting with gnus: it
doesn't seem to quote the accentuated letter anymore in header, making
Emacs ask me about what encoding I want for them, and from time to time
the mail will be reject from some server (debian.org) claiming it
doesn't respect the RFC.

I'm using gnus from Emacs 24.4 as packaged in debian sid as of today
(November the 21). And I've no idea of the source of the problem.

--
Rémi Vanicat

* Re: Problem with encoding in header [test: frække frølår]
@ 2014-11-21 15:36 ` Adam Sjøgren not Sjögren
       [not found]   ` <mailman.14283.1416592751.1147.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Adam Sjøgren not Sjögren @ 2014-11-21 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Remi writes:

> From recently, I've a problem when sending mail or posting with gnus: it
> doesn't seem to quote the accentuated letter anymore in header [...]

That is odd - have you changed anything in your configuration recently?

> I'm using gnus from Emacs 24.4 as packaged in debian sid as of today
> (November the 21). And I've no idea of the source of the problem.

I am using Emacs 24.4 from Debian sid and Gnus from git, and I always
have an 'ø' in my headers, so I would have noticed if it was happening
to me as well...

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "Nik strikketøjet en skalle,                                 Adam Sjøgren
  Nu går vi nemlig i gang;                               asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: Problem with encoding in header [test: frække frølÃ¥r]
@ 2014-11-21 17:58   ` Rémi Vanicat
       [not found]   ` <mailman.14283.1416592751.1147.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Rémi Vanicat @ 2014-11-21 17:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren not Sjögren) writes:

> Remi writes:
>
>> From recently, I've a problem when sending mail or posting with gnus: it
>> doesn't seem to quote the accentuated letter anymore in header [...]
>
> That is odd - have you changed anything in your configuration recently?

Well, I hadn't change my gnus configuration, but another change to my
Emacs configuration was the culprit. The problem come from a code I've
borrowed[1], It break the way gnus was quoting my message.

If anybody is interested, I've a version that does not break sending mail[2]

best regard,
Rémi Vanicat

[1] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html//emacs-devel/2009-11/msg01417.html
[2] https://github.com/vanicat/emacs24-starter-kit/blob/my-change/moi/10emacs.org#isearch-ignore-accentuated-letter

@ 2014-11-21 18:23     ` Damien Wyart
       [not found]       ` <mailman.14309.1416618376.1147.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Damien Wyart @ 2014-11-21 18:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

* Remi Vanicat <vanicat@debian.org> in gnu.emacs.gnus:
> Well, I hadn't change my gnus configuration, but another change to my
> Emacs configuration was the culprit. The problem come from a code I've
> borrowed[1], It break the way gnus was quoting my message.

> If anybody is interested, I've a version that does not break sending
> mail[2]

Mmm, there is still something fishy: in your last message, accented
chars appear as UTF8 in your headers.

--
DW

* Re: Problem with encoding in header [test: frække frølÃ¥r]
@ 2014-11-22  1:05       ` Rémi Vanicat
       [not found]       ` <mailman.14309.1416618376.1147.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Rémi Vanicat @ 2014-11-22  1:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Damien Wyart <damien.wyart@free.fr> writes:

> * Remi Vanicat <vanicat@debian.org> in gnu.emacs.gnus:
>> Well, I hadn't change my gnus configuration, but another change to my
>> Emacs configuration was the culprit. The problem come from a code I've
>> borrowed[1], It break the way gnus was quoting my message.
>
>> If anybody is interested, I've a version that does not break sending
>> mail[2]
>
> Mmm, there is still something fishy: in your last message, accented
> chars appear as UTF8 in your headers.

Yes, it appear that side effect on my code did break searching again. I
believe I have fixed most of my problem now.

--
Rémi Vanicat

@ 2014-11-22 11:08         ` Damien Wyart
From: Damien Wyart @ 2014-11-22 11:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

* Rémi Vanicat <vanicat@debian.org> in gnu.emacs.gnus:
> Yes, it appear that side effect on my code did break searching again.
> I believe I have fixed most of my problem now.

Yes, accents appear correclty now on my side.

--
DW