On 1 Sep 2014, jhasler@newsguy.com wrote: > Every time I open a message from someone using their root account > (this happens frequently) Gnus offers to change the root address in > the BBDB. How can I stop this? Try customizing the variable bbdb-ignore-message-alist: ,---- | bbdb-ignore-message-alist is a variable defined in `bbdb.el'. | Its value is nil | | Documentation: | Alist describing which messages not to automatically create BBDB records for. | The format of this alist is | ((HEADER-NAME . REGEXP) ... ) | For example, if | (("From" . "mailer-daemon") | (("To" "CC") . "mailing-list-1\\|mailing-list-2")) | no BBDB records are created for messages from any mailer daemon, | or messages sent to or CCed to either of two mailing lists. | If t ignore all messages. If nil do not ignore any messages. | | See also `bbdb-accept-message-alist', which has the opposite effect. `---- Charles -- The only "intuitive" interface is the nipple. After that, it's all learned. (Bruce Ediger, bediger@teal.csn.org, in comp.os.linux.misc, on X interfaces.)