arcfide@sacrideo.us (Aaron W. Hsu) writes: > Hey all: > > I have noticed that an idle IMAP connection in Gnus on my system has a > tendency to hang without resolution. I have a tls stream with a > logout-timeout set to 1.0. However, this doesn't seem to actually keep > the connection alive or reset the connection when it should. I read in > the GnusNiftyTricks in the EmacsWiki about a means of keeping the IMAP > connection alive, but the notes at the bottom indicate that Emacs 24, > which I am using, has this built in. I had had this problem in Emacsen 23.4 and 24.3, but had not solved it because of not very big experience. I decided to use SSL instead. It has been working perfectly for all this time.