* Links followed in normal e-mail, but not in HTML e-mail
@ 2010-02-14 22:11 Cecil Westerhof
From: Cecil Westerhof @ 2010-02-14 22:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

I am working with 'GNU Emacs 23.1.1' and 'Gnus v5.13'. When in a normal
e-mail there is a link to a web page I can open it in Firefox by
clicking on it with the middle mouse button. When I click with the
middle mouse button on a link in a HTML e-mail, the web-page is opened
in the buffer where the e-mail was displayed. Is there a way to open it
in Firefox?

I know I can use 'C-u K H' to open the e-mail in Firefox, but that is
not what I want. I only want to open the link.

--
Cecil Westerhof
Senior Software Engineer

* Re: Links followed in normal e-mail, but not in HTML e-mail
@ 2010-02-15 11:48 ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2010-02-15 11:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Sun, 14 Feb 2010 23:11:11 +0100, Cecil wrote:

> I am working with 'GNU Emacs 23.1.1' and 'Gnus v5.13'. When in a normal
> e-mail there is a link to a web page I can open it in Firefox by
> clicking on it with the middle mouse button. When I click with the
> middle mouse button on a link in a HTML e-mail, the web-page is opened
> in the buffer where the e-mail was displayed. Is there a way to open it
> in Firefox?

I have accrued this snippet in my .gnus, probably from someone sharing
it on this list, or another:

  ; Follow links in w3m with browse-url:
  (add-hook 'gnus-article-mode-hook
            (lambda ()
              (set (make-local-variable 'w3m-goto-article-function)
                   'browse-url)))

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "There we go. I've once again proven that Haskell is         Adam Sjøgren
  morally and technically superior to C++."              asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: Links followed in normal e-mail, but not in HTML e-mail
@ 2010-02-17 11:13   ` Cecil Westerhof
From: Cecil Westerhof @ 2010-02-17 11:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

>> I am working with 'GNU Emacs 23.1.1' and 'Gnus v5.13'. When in a normal
>> e-mail there is a link to a web page I can open it in Firefox by
>> clicking on it with the middle mouse button. When I click with the
>> middle mouse button on a link in a HTML e-mail, the web-page is opened
>> in the buffer where the e-mail was displayed. Is there a way to open it
>> in Firefox?
>
> I have accrued this snippet in my .gnus, probably from someone sharing
> it on this list, or another:
>
>   ; Follow links in w3m with browse-url:
>   (add-hook 'gnus-article-mode-hook
>             (lambda ()
>               (set (make-local-variable 'w3m-goto-article-function)
>                    'browse-url)))

Works like a charm. Thanks.

--
Cecil Westerhof