* Opening an article (not a URL) in Firefox
@ 2007-07-04  3:25 levander
       [not found] ` <mailman.3047.1183535619.32220.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: levander @ 2007-07-04  3:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

When viewing a Gnus article, is there any way to click a button and
have it auto-opened in Firefox?

I don't mean click on a URL and have the URL opened in Firefox.  I
mean have the article itself rendered in Firefox.

Email messages I'm getting which are written in HTML really look awful
in Gnus' *Article*.  I've tried the gnus-article-wash-html function,
still awful.  Being able to click and open them in Firefox would solve
all the problems I'm having with this issue.  And really, it's be no
less convenient than how I read HTML messages in Thunderbird.  In that
mail client, I always have to click on HTML messages to open them in a
larger Thunderbird window anyway.  In gnus, opening them in Firefox
would be no less convenient...

* Re: Opening an article (not a URL) in Firefox
@ 2007-07-04  7:51 ` Leo
       [not found] ` <mailman.3047.1183535619.32220.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Leo @ 2007-07-04  7:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: levander; +Cc: info-gnus-english

Dear Levander,

On 04/07/2007, levander wrote:
> When viewing a Gnus article, is there any way to click a button and
> have it auto-opened in Firefox?
>
> I don't mean click on a URL and have the URL opened in Firefox.  I
> mean have the article itself rendered in Firefox.
>
> Email messages I'm getting which are written in HTML really look awful
> in Gnus' *Article*.  I've tried the gnus-article-wash-html function,
> still awful.  Being able to click and open them in Firefox would solve
> all the problems I'm having with this issue.  And really, it's be no
> less convenient than how I read HTML messages in Thunderbird.  In that
> mail client, I always have to click on HTML messages to open them in a
> larger Thunderbird window anyway.  In gnus, opening them in Firefox
> would be no less convenient...

Try 'K H'.

regards,

@ 2007-07-04 10:20   ` Hadron
       [not found]     ` <mailman.3051.1183548068.32220.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Hadron @ 2007-07-04 10:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Leo <sdl.web@gmail.com> writes:

> Dear Levander,
>
> On 04/07/2007, levander wrote:
>> When viewing a Gnus article, is there any way to click a button and
>> have it auto-opened in Firefox?
>>
>> I don't mean click on a URL and have the URL opened in Firefox.  I
>> mean have the article itself rendered in Firefox.
>>
>> Email messages I'm getting which are written in HTML really look awful
>> in Gnus' *Article*.  I've tried the gnus-article-wash-html function,
>> still awful.  Being able to click and open them in Firefox would solve
>> all the problems I'm having with this issue.  And really, it's be no
>> less convenient than how I read HTML messages in Thunderbird.  In that
>> mail client, I always have to click on HTML messages to open them in a
>> larger Thunderbird window anyway.  In gnus, opening them in Firefox
>> would be no less convenient...
>
> Try 'K H'.

What command does "K H" run?

It is undefined on my gnus.

@ 2007-07-04 11:18     ` Leo
       [not found]     ` <mailman.3051.1183548068.32220.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Leo @ 2007-07-04 11:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On 04/07/2007, Hadron wrote:
> Leo <sdl.web@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Dear Levander,
>>
>> On 04/07/2007, levander wrote:
>>> When viewing a Gnus article, is there any way to click a button and
>>> have it auto-opened in Firefox?
>>>
>>> I don't mean click on a URL and have the URL opened in Firefox.  I
>>> mean have the article itself rendered in Firefox.
>>>
>>> Email messages I'm getting which are written in HTML really look awful
>>> in Gnus' *Article*.  I've tried the gnus-article-wash-html function,
>>> still awful.  Being able to click and open them in Firefox would solve
>>> all the problems I'm having with this issue.  And really, it's be no
>>> less convenient than how I read HTML messages in Thunderbird.  In that
>>> mail client, I always have to click on HTML messages to open them in a
>>> larger Thunderbird window anyway.  In gnus, opening them in Firefox
>>> would be no less convenient...
>>
>> Try 'K H'.
>
> What command does "K H" run?

`K H' runs the command gnus-article-browse-html-article

@ 2007-07-04 20:20       ` Anupam Sengupta
From: Anupam Sengupta @ 2007-07-04 20:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

    Leo> On 04/07/2007, Hadron wrote:

[...]

    >>> Try 'K H'.
    >>
    >> What command does "K H" run?

    Leo> `K H' runs the command gnus-article-browse-html-article

Leo, which version of Gnus are you using? On my install (Gnus v5.11), this
key-binding and the function `gnus-article-browse-html-article' does not exist.

--
Anupam

* Re: Opening an article (not a URL) in Firefox
@ 2007-07-05  9:56         ` Leo
From: Leo @ 2007-07-05  9:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On 04/07/2007, Anupam Sengupta wrote:
> Leo, which version of Gnus are you using? On my install (Gnus v5.11),
> this key-binding and the function `gnus-article-browse-html-article'
> does not exist.

Gnus from CVS.

You can see that from the header of my message:

,----
`----

HTH,

* Re: Opening an article (not a URL) in Firefox
@ 2007-07-06 16:04         ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2007-07-06 16:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Wed, Jul 04 2007, Anupam Sengupta wrote:

> Leo, which version of Gnus are you using? On my install (Gnus
> v5.11), this key-binding and the function
> `gnus-article-browse-html-article' does not exist.

This is a new feature (2006-02-10) in the development version.  It's
not present in 5.10.8/5.11.

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: Opening an article (not a URL) in Firefox
@ 2007-07-09 23:43           ` Levander
From: Levander @ 2007-07-09 23:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> This is a new feature (2006-02-10) in the development version.  It's
> not present in 5.10.8/5.11.

2006-02-10 is a date?  Does that mean there's a development version of
Gnus that is almost a year and a half old and hasn't been released
yet?  It just sounds like a long development cycle.

-Levander

* Re: Opening an article (not a URL) in Firefox
@ 2007-07-10  9:13             ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2007-07-10  9:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 23:43:05 GMT, Levander wrote:

> Reiner Steib <reinersteib+gmane@imap.cc> writes:
>> This is a new feature (2006-02-10) in the development version.  It's
>> not present in 5.10.8/5.11.

> 2006-02-10 is a date?

Yes: Year-Month-Day. It is the ISO standardized order (and as a bonus it
is easy to sort on, and unambiguous).

> Does that mean there's a development version of Gnus that is almost a
> year and a half old and hasn't been released yet? It just sounds like
> a long development cycle.

You are using Emacs, where the latest release cycle was 6 years, so 1.5
years surely is a short amount of time to you? ;-)

The conservative users (or the users that do not need/care about newer
features) usually run the non-developement version, while the rest of us
take the chance and run the developement version (currently called "No
Gnus") - knowing that bad things may happen(tm). My experience is that
it very seldom breaks.

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "You know, if the sun was an oboe, what would you do?"       Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk