* gnus-summary-prev-page
@ 2006-04-28  9:16 Hadron Quark
       [not found] ` <mailman.1070.1146219450.9609.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Hadron Quark @ 2006-04-28  9:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Could someone tell how best to bind "b" to "gnus-summary-prev-page" so
that its only valid when I'm in the summary buffer? My previous attempt
had "b" still bound to this when I was composing a new post :(

thanks for any links/help.

* Re: gnus-summary-prev-page
@ 2006-04-28 10:16 ` Tassilo Horn
       [not found] ` <mailman.1070.1146219450.9609.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2006-04-28 10:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hadron Quark <hadronquark@gmail.com> writes:

Hi Hadron,

> Could someone tell how best to bind "b" to "gnus-summary-prev-page" so
> that its only valid when I'm in the summary buffer? My previous
> attempt had "b" still bound to this when I was composing a new post :(

This should work:

(define-key gnus-summary-mode-map "b" 'gnus-summary-prev-page)

Regards,
Tassilo
--
A child of five could understand this! Fetch me a child of five!

* Re: gnus-summary-prev-page
       [not found] ` <mailman.1070.1146219450.9609.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
@ 2006-04-30 14:07   ` Hadron Quark
       [not found]     ` <mailman.1148.1146410408.9609.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Hadron Quark @ 2006-04-30 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tassilo Horn <heimdall@uni-koblenz.de> writes:

> Hadron Quark <hadronquark@gmail.com> writes:
>
> Hi Hadron,
>
>> Could someone tell how best to bind "b" to "gnus-summary-prev-page" so
>> that its only valid when I'm in the summary buffer? My previous
>> attempt had "b" still bound to this when I was composing a new post :(
>
> This should work:
>
> (define-key gnus-summary-mode-map "b" 'gnus-summary-prev-page)
>
> Regards,
> Tassilo
> --
> A child of five could understand this! Fetch me a child of five!

Hi Tassilo,

Unfortunately emacs always just give an error message "no such part" :
even on "multi page" posts which I have scrolled forward with "space".

I put the line in my .gnus.el file.

* Re: gnus-summary-prev-page
@ 2006-04-30 15:19     ` Tassilo Horn
       [not found]     ` <mailman.1148.1146410408.9609.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2006-04-30 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hadron Quark <hadronquark@gmail.com> writes:

Hi Hadron,

>> This should work:
>>
>> (define-key gnus-summary-mode-map "b" 'gnus-summary-prev-page)
>
> Unfortunately emacs always just give an error message "no such part" :
> even on "multi page" posts which I have scrolled forward with "space".

I've seen that `gnus-summary-prev-page' is bound to DEL by default (`M-x
describe-bindings' when in summary buffer). Does this work?

What does `C-h k b' say?

Bye,
Tassilo
--

@ 2006-04-30 16:56       ` Hadron Quark
From: Hadron Quark @ 2006-04-30 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tassilo Horn <heimdall@uni-koblenz.de> writes:

> Hadron Quark <hadronquark@gmail.com> writes:
>
> Hi Hadron,
>
>>> This should work:
>>>
>>> (define-key gnus-summary-mode-map "b" 'gnus-summary-prev-page)
>>
>> Unfortunately emacs always just give an error message "no such part" :
>> even on "multi page" posts which I have scrolled forward with "space".
>
> I've seen that `gnus-summary-prev-page' is bound to DEL by default (`M-x
> describe-bindings' when in summary buffer). Does this work?

yes

> What does `C-h k b' say?

view part:
===
b runs the command gnus-article-view-part
   which is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `gnus-art'.
(gnus-article-view-part &optional N)

View MIME part N, which is the numerical prefix.
====

so I guess its a load order thing : the key definition I place at the
end of my .gnus.el is being overwritten somewhere? Did it work for you?

ps I downloaded your latest rdictcc and there is still this number of
arguments problem with the call to current word set as

                (current-word t t)

as opposed to only one "t" which then works for me.  e.g

                (current-word t)

I checked the function definition of current word and there should be only one
argument shouldn't there?

curren-word:
===
current-word is a compiled Lisp function in `simple'.
(current-word &optional STRICT)

Return the word point is on (or a nearby word) as a string.
If optional arg STRICT is non-nil, return nil unless point is within
or adjacent to a word.
===

cheers,

> Bye,
> Tassilo
> --
> A child of five could understand this! Fetch me a child of five!

--
lithp : syntax error

* Re: gnus-summary-prev-page
@ 2006-04-30 17:55         ` Tassilo Horn
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2006-04-30 17:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hadron Quark <hadronquark@gmail.com> writes:

Hi Hadron,

>> What does `C-h k b' say?
>
> view part:
> ===
> b runs the command gnus-article-view-part
>    which is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `gnus-art'.
> (gnus-article-view-part &optional N)
>
> View MIME part N, which is the numerical prefix.
> ====
>
> so I guess its a load order thing : the key definition I place at the
> end of my .gnus.el is being overwritten somewhere? Did it work for
> you?

No, I tested it, and it doesn't work here, too. Maybe I should test
before advising. :-)

> ps I downloaded your latest rdictcc and there is still this number of
> arguments problem with the call to current word set as
>
>                 (current-word t t)
>
> as opposed to only one "t" which then works for me.  e.g
>
>                 (current-word t)
>
> I checked the function definition of current word and there should be
> only one argument shouldn't there?

Ah, thanks for debugging. In Emacs 22 it has 2 arguments. I'll add a fix
for this. But it will work better in 22, because with the old version it
will return symbols, not words, e.g. foo-man-c_h_oo (point on "h"),
whereas it simply returns "choo" with REALLY-WORD set to t.

,----[ C-h f current-word RET ]
| current-word is a compiled Lisp function in `simple.el'.
| (current-word &optional STRICT REALLY-WORD)
|
| Return the symbol or word that point is on (or a nearby one) as a string.
| The return value includes no text properties.
| If optional arg STRICT is non-nil, return nil unless point is within
| or adjacent to a symbol or word.  In all cases the value can be nil
| if there is no word nearby.
| The function, belying its name, normally finds a symbol.
| If optional arg REALLY-WORD is non-nil, it finds just a word.
`----

Bye,
Tassilo
--
My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right.