* Nice -> person@email.com headers
@ 2006-04-13 10:58 Phillip Lord
From: Phillip Lord @ 2006-04-13 10:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've just moved back to gnus after a (unpleasant) period on
outlook. I noticed that it had a rather nice notation for my own
emails. Instead of printing my name it used

 -> person@email.com

instead. This was really nice. But, since then, I have restored my old
configuration and it seems to have stopped working. Can anyone point
me in the direction of the bit of the code which is supposed to do
this, so that I can find out what I have done to disable it.

Phil

* Re: Nice -> person@email.com headers
@ 2006-04-13 11:50 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2006-04-13 11:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Phillip Lord <phillip.lord@newcastle.ac.uk> writes:

> Can anyone point me in the direction of the bit of the code which is
> supposed to do this, so that I can find out what I have done to
> disable it.

It's probably either `nnmail-extra-headers' or `gnus-extra-headers'.
The default values of these two should be `(To Newsgroups)'.

* Re: Nice -> person@email.com headers
@ 2006-04-13 11:51 ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2006-04-13 11:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 11:58:26 +0100, Phillip wrote:

-> person@email.com

> instead. This was really nice. But, since then, I have restored my old
> configuration and it seems to have stopped working. Can anyone point
> me in the direction of the bit of the code which is supposed to do
> this, so that I can find out what I have done to disable it.

You probably want to set gnus-ignore-from-addresses:

,----[ C-h v gnus-ignored-from-addresses RET ]
| `gnus-ignored-from-addresses' is a variable declared in Lisp.
|   -- loaded from "gnus-sum"
|
| Value: "\\(asjo\\|adam\\)@\\(koldfront.dk\\|asjo.org\\|sjøgren.org\\|xn--sjgren-cya.org\\|diku.dk\\)"
|
| Documentation:
| *Regexp of From headers that may be suppressed in favor of To headers.
`----

  Best regards,

--
 "You know, if the sun was an oboe, what would you do?"       Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: Nice -> person@email.com headers
@ 2006-04-13 12:49   ` Phillip Lord
From: Phillip Lord @ 2006-04-13 12:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

  AS> On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 11:58:26 +0100, Phillip wrote:

  -> person@email.com

  >> instead. This was really nice. But, since then, I have restored
  >> my old configuration and it seems to have stopped working. Can
  >> anyone point me in the direction of the bit of the code which is
  >> supposed to do this, so that I can find out what I have done to
  >> disable it.

  AS> You probably want to set gnus-ignore-from-addresses:

  AS> ,----[ C-h v gnus-ignored-from-addresses RET ] |
  AS> `gnus-ignored-from-addresses' is a variable declared in Lisp.  |
  AS> -- loaded from "gnus-sum"
  AS> |
  AS> | Value: "\\(asjo\\|adam\\)@\\(koldfront.dk\\|asjo.org\\|sjøgren.org\\|xn--sjgren-cya.org\\|diku.dk\\)"
  AS> |
  AS> | Documentation:
  AS> | *Regexp of From headers that may be suppressed in favor of To headers.
  AS> `----

Ah, yes, this was it. I was still using
`rmail-dont-reply-to-names'. Thought I'd got rid of all my rmail
configuration, but obviously not!

Many thanks.

@ 2006-04-13 14:03     ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2006-04-13 14:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 13:49:55 +0100, Phillip wrote:

[gnus-ignored-from-addresses]

> Ah, yes, this was it. I was still using
> `rmail-dont-reply-to-names'. Thought I'd got rid of all my rmail
> configuration, but obviously not!

:-) - now that you meantion it, I also have this variable configured:

,----[ C-h v message-dont-reply-to-names RET ]
| `message-dont-reply-to-names' is a variable declared in Lisp.
|   -- loaded from "message"
|
| Value: "\\(asjo\\|spamtrap\\|webcustodian\\|webspamtrap\\|adam\\|webmaster\\)@\\(koldfront.dk\\|asjo.org\\|sjøgren.org\\|xn--sjgren-cya.org\\|diku.dk\\|nyhedsforsyningen.dk\\|nyf.dk\\)"
|
| Documentation:
| *A regexp specifying addresses to prune when doing wide replies.
| A value of nil means exclude your own user name only.
`----

:-)

  Best regards,

    Adam