* Re: prescript
       [not found] ` <87n0cvaheb.fsf@dimail.umc.com.ua>
@ 2003-09-24  0:31   ` Anomenat
From: Anomenat @ 2003-09-24  0:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dmitry Astapov <adept@ukr.net> writes:

> Anomenat <anomenat@clara.co.uk> 00:03 21/9/2003 wrote:
>
>  a> And that script is a script to login to my mail server with ssh and
>  a> forward port 2342 on localhost to port 110 on my mail server. But it
>  a> doesn't work. Gnus complains saying "connection refused localhost POP".
>  a> If I run the script from a shell prompt I can then telnet to port 2342
>  a> on localhost and I connect to the pop3d on the mail server fine. What
>  a> am I doing wrong?
>
>  a> Thank you very much for any help you can give.
>
> Any chance your are using ssh-agent or something similar and script
> launched from gnus simply want to ask for a passphrase but is unable to do
> so (no terminal)?

I don't think so. I am using ssh-agent but that means that I shouldn't
have to enter any password. I don't have to enter a password when I run
the script from a terminal. The environment variables SSH_AUTH_SOCK and
SSH_AGENT_PID are set in the script (read from ~/.ssh-agent which is
generated by keychain).

--
Anomenat

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-09-24  0:31 UTC | newest]