* New to GNUS troubles in figuring how to get rings rolling
@ 2022-10-24 22:10 Björn Bidar via Announcements and discussions for GNUS, the GNU Emacs Usenet newsreader (in English)
From: Björn Bidar via Announcements and discussions for GNUS, the GNU Emacs Usenet newsreader (in English) @ 2022-10-24 22:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hey,

I have been working on having Emails working inside Emacs.
I've looked into a few solutions which seem to be the most used.
These were offline mail solutions such as mu4e, those that can fetch
mail themselves like gnus or wanderlust.

My current setup is that I have multiple clients that all connect over
imap.
I want always sync the status of a message back to imap.
My imap server is a self hosted dovecot with postfix to send messages.

I'm trying gnus right now and faced some issues that I don't know on how
to continue on.

These are mostly imap related.
1. How can I take the read status from imap into gnus and vice versa?
2. I tried to use ~nnimap-use-namespaces~ however it doesn't work.
   My mail server supports the extension however the folders aren't
   split accordingly.
3. Can I make gnus design less archiaric?
4. Can I make imap folders appear as groups by subfolder? E.g.
   if I have INBOX.Bar.Foo -> Bar will be a group.

All in all it wasn't as bad as other said around the internet however
the manual isn't as easy to digest: things are hard to find or out of
date/not relevant to modern usage, this makes the manual harder to
navigate.

Have a great day,

Björn