* Mail Content Makes Gnus Abort Emacs
@ 2020-09-02  8:18 Annamalai Gurusami
From: Annamalai Gurusami @ 2020-09-02  8:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hi All,

I received an e-mail with "Umbrella on Ground" symbol.  When I open the
mail, Emacs itself gets killed.

http://www.unicode-symbol.com/u/26F1.html

I am using Gnus v5.13 on GNU Emacs 25.2.2 on Ubuntu 18.04.  I think this
could be a bug and I wanted to confirm the same here.

Let me know if I need to file a bug report.  Or should I do some
setup/configuration to make it work.

Rgds,
anna

--
mysql> help year data type;
Name: 'YEAR DATA TYPE'

A year in 4-digit format. MySQL displays YEAR values in YYYY format,
but permits assignment of values to YEAR columns using either strings
or numbers. Values display as 1901 to 2155, or 0000.

* Re: Mail Content Makes Gnus Abort Emacs
@ 2020-09-02 16:14 ` Eric Abrahamsen
From: Eric Abrahamsen @ 2020-09-02 16:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Annamalai Gurusami <annamalai.gurusami@oracle.com> writes:

> Hi All,
>
> I received an e-mail with "Umbrella on Ground" symbol.  When I open the
> mail, Emacs itself gets killed.
>
> http://www.unicode-symbol.com/u/26F1.html
>
> I am using Gnus v5.13 on GNU Emacs 25.2.2 on Ubuntu 18.04.  I think this
> could be a bug and I wanted to confirm the same here.
>
> Let me know if I need to file a bug report.  Or should I do some
> setup/configuration to make it work.

I'd say this should be a bug report, since the problem isn't likely to
be with Gnus itself. I would report-emacs-bugs, then maybe include a
(sanitized) copy of the message that triggers the error, and include all
relevant font information for your Emacs -- what font backend is it
built with, what system fonts are you using with Emacs, etc.

Lastly, I would upgrade Emacs if you can :)