* Re: [nntp] slow group enter
       [not found] <mailman.15785.1356030012.855.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
@ 2012-12-24 12:36 ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2012-12-24 12:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lluís Vilanova; +Cc: info-gnus-english

Lluís Vilanova <vilanova@ac.upc.edu> writes:

> I have a few groups using nntp+news.gwene.org which contain a lot of
> messages, and entering them takes a considerable amount of time.

Do you have `gnus-fetch-old-headers' set?

  http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no  *  Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen

* Re: [nntp] slow group enter
@ 2012-12-24 14:33   ` Lluís Vilanova
From: Lluís Vilanova @ 2012-12-24 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lars Ingebrigtsen; +Cc: info-gnus-english

Lars Ingebrigtsen writes:

> Lluís Vilanova <vilanova@ac.upc.edu> writes:
>> I have a few groups using nntp+news.gwene.org which contain a lot of
>> messages, and entering them takes a considerable amount of time.

> Do you have `gnus-fetch-old-headers' set?

Yes. Setting it to nil fixed the speed issue, and I suppose this setup will only
impact performance when invoking `gnus-summary-insert-old-articles'.

Thanks,
  Lluis

 Tollbooth

* [nntp] slow group enter
@ 2012-12-20 18:50 Lluís Vilanova
From: Lluís Vilanova @ 2012-12-20 18:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hi there,

I have a few groups using nntp+news.gwene.org which contain a lot of messages,
and entering them takes a considerable amount of time.

Is there a way through which I can speed up the process?

Thanks,
  Lluis

 Tollbooth