* Can't kill message in drafts folder
@ 2006-07-17 12:22 Dieter Wilhelm
From: Dieter Wilhelm @ 2006-07-17 12:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi

I can't kill an old message in the drafts folder with B DEL.

Could it be that I've marked the message with something mysterious and
thus preventing somehow the deletion?  The summary line shows:

O*+[   ?:

Hmmm, posting is old, it's stored in the article cache and is above
the score level (and the number of lines are unknown).  But does this
prevent from killing?  Closing and opening gnus doesn't help, should I
restart Emacs?

--
    Best wishes

    Dieter Wilhelm
    Darmstadt, Germany

* Re: Can't kill message in drafts folder
@ 2006-07-17 20:50 ` Andreas Seltenreich
From: Andreas Seltenreich @ 2006-07-17 20:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dieter Wilhelm <dieter@duenenhof-wilhelm.de> writes:

> I can't kill an old message in the drafts folder with B DEL.
>
> Could it be that I've marked the message with something mysterious and
> thus preventing somehow the deletion?  The summary line shows:
>
> O*+[   ?:
>
> Hmmm, posting is old, it's stored in the article cache and is above
> the score level (and the number of lines are unknown).  But does this
> prevent from killing?

It probably isn't actually present in the group anymore, just blended
in from the cache.  Explicitly removing it from the cache (via M-*)
should wholly dispose it.

regards,
andreas

* Re: Can't kill message in drafts folder
@ 2006-07-17 21:20   ` Dieter Wilhelm
From: Dieter Wilhelm @ 2006-07-17 21:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Andreas Seltenreich <seltenreich@gmx.de> writes:

> Dieter Wilhelm <dieter@duenenhof-wilhelm.de> writes:
>
>> I can't kill an old message in the drafts folder with B DEL.
>>

> It probably isn't actually present in the group anymore, just blended
> in from the cache.  Explicitly removing it from the cache (via M-*)
> should wholly dispose it.

Thanks, that was it!

By the way, could it be that the gmane newsgroups are updated more
often in the last time?  I'm reading some Emacs mail-groups via gmane
and I had the feeling that there was often a delay of up to one day.
Nowadays a message seems to be immediately there when I send it to the
mailing lists.

Thanks again.

--
    Best wishes