* read mail from disabled nnml group
@ 2006-02-19 21:35 Frank Fredstone
From: Frank Fredstone @ 2006-02-19 21:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've stopped using gnus for reading mail and I've set mail-sources and
nnmail-spool-file to nil, but I still want to look at the mail I had
in groups. If I try to enter the group I get an error that I'm trying
to select a non-existent method, or something to that effect.

I initially tried just commenting out the secondary select method, but
gnus would still read in my mail spool when I'd start gnus.

So, how can I not have GNUS retrieve mail from my mail spool, but
still allow me to look at the mail groups?

* Re: read mail from disabled nnml group
@ 2006-02-19 22:06 ` reader
From: reader @ 2006-02-19 22:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Frank Fredstone <none@not.no> writes:

> So, how can I not have GNUS retrieve mail from my mail spool, but
> still allow me to look at the mail groups?

Set this in gnus and you should be able to do what ever with existing
mail but never retrieve more.
(setq nnml-get-new-mail nil)