From: Hugh Lawson <hlawson38@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: nndrafts how to correct groups buffer info--solved?
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 14:35:38 GMT	[thread overview]

Kai Grossjohann <kai.grossjohann@gmx.net> writes:

> Did you exit Gnus after this?  Maybe also exit Emacs.
>
> Another idea would be G DEL or C-u G DEL on it.

Guru-level commentary requested on ~/News/cache/active.

The problem was that the group 'nndrafts:drafts' showed 50 or so
posts, but when I opened the group, none were there.  But when I
backed out to the groups buffer, and hit 'g', once again the number
appeared.

I may have this fixed now, though I'm not sure, and I don't know if
this fix will work for others.  This was a desperate shot in the
dark. ;-)

I deleted ~/News/cache/active.  Before deletion, this file showed
something like this:

nndraft:drafts 53  45  y

and just that.  Nothing else was in ~/News/cache/active.

Now, in the groups buffer, things look right:

  0: nndraft:drafts

After restarting gnus, ~/News/cache/active exists, but is
empty. That's the way it ought to be, since I didn't have any drafts
saved.

--
Hugh Lawson