* More than one user-mail-address
@ 2014-05-10 11:27 Alexander Baier
From: Alexander Baier @ 2014-05-10 11:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hello,

Mails with a From: header matching user-mail-address are shown
differently in the summary view: Instead of displaying the normal From:
value they display the value in the To: header. I find this to be
extremely helpful.  The problem is, that I regularly use multiple
addresses and thus can only always mark one of them as "mine" -- aka
setting user-mail-address.

Is there a way to configure multiple addresses?

Regards,
--
Alexander Baier

* Re: More than one user-mail-address
@ 2014-05-10 12:23 ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2014-05-10 12:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Alexander Baier <alexander.baier@mailbox.org> writes:

> The problem is, that I regularly use multiple addresses and thus can
> only always mark one of them as "mine" -- aka setting
> user-mail-address.

> Is there a way to configure multiple addresses?

Yes, see gnus-ignored-from-addresses, which can be a regular expression
matching all your addresses.

,----[ C-h v gnus-ignored-from-addresses RET ]
| gnus-ignored-from-addresses is a variable defined in `gnus-sum.el'.
| Its value is
| "\\(asjo\\|adam\\|adsj\\)@\\(koldfront.dk\\|asjo.org\\)"
| Original value was
| "asjo@koldfront\\.dk"
|
| Documentation:
| *From headers that may be suppressed in favor of To headers.
| This can be a regexp or a list of regexps.
`----

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "But I do not fundamentally believe that information         Adam Sjøgren
  wants to be free. Rather, I believe that information   asjo@koldfront.dk

* Re: More than one user-mail-address
@ 2014-05-10 12:52   ` Alexander Baier
From: Alexander Baier @ 2014-05-10 12:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Adam Sjøgren; +Cc: info-gnus-english

On 2014-05-10 14:23 Adam Sjøgren wrote:
> Alexander Baier <alexander.baier@mailbox.org> writes:
>
>> The problem is, that I regularly use multiple addresses and thus can
>> only always mark one of them as "mine" -- aka setting
>> user-mail-address.
>
>> Is there a way to configure multiple addresses?
>
> Yes, see gnus-ignored-from-addresses, which can be a regular expression
> matching all your addresses.
>
> ,----[ C-h v gnus-ignored-from-addresses RET ]
> | gnus-ignored-from-addresses is a variable defined in `gnus-sum.el'.
> | Its value is
> | "\\(asjo\\|adam\\|adsj\\)@\\(koldfront.dk\\|asjo.org\\)"
> | Original value was
> | "asjo@koldfront\\.dk"
> |
> | Documentation:
> | *From headers that may be suppressed in favor of To headers.
> | This can be a regexp or a list of regexps.
> `----
>

>   Best regards,
>
>     Adam

This works like a charm, thank you very much!

Regards,
--

@ 2014-05-10 14:08 ` Teemu Likonen
From: Teemu Likonen @ 2014-05-10 14:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexander Baier; +Cc: info-gnus-english

Alexander Baier [2014-05-10 13:27:59 +02:00] wrote:

> Mails with a From: header matching user-mail-address are shown
> differently in the summary view:

> Is there a way to configure multiple addresses?

Yes. There are a couple of variables for that. I use a code piece like
the one below to set the variables.

    (let ((addr '("primary.address@somewhere.invalid"
                  "another.address@isp.invalid"
                  "yet.another@address.invalid")))

      (setq-default
       user-mail-address (car addr)
       message-alternative-emails (regexp-opt (cdr addr) 'words)
       message-dont-reply-to-names (regexp-opt addr 'words)
       gnus-ignored-from-addresses message-dont-reply-to-names))

[-- Attachment #1.2: signature.asc --]

* Re: More than one user-mail-address
@ 2014-05-10 16:46   ` Alexander Baier
From: Alexander Baier @ 2014-05-10 16:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Teemu Likonen; +Cc: info-gnus-english

On 2014-05-10 16:08 Teemu Likonen wrote:
> Alexander Baier [2014-05-10 13:27:59 +02:00] wrote:
>
>> Mails with a From: header matching user-mail-address are shown
>> differently in the summary view:
>
>> Is there a way to configure multiple addresses?
>
> Yes. There are a couple of variables for that. I use a code piece like
> the one below to set the variables.
>

>     (let ((addr '("primary.address@somewhere.invalid"
>                   "another.address@isp.invalid"
>                   "yet.another@address.invalid")))
>
>       (setq-default
>        user-mail-address (car addr)
>        message-alternative-emails (regexp-opt (cdr addr) 'words)
>        message-dont-reply-to-names (regexp-opt addr 'words)
>        gnus-ignored-from-addresses message-dont-reply-to-names))

Thank you for regexp-opt! That was something I was looking for while
constructing a regexp for `gnus-ignored-from-addresses'.

Regards,
--
Alexander Baier