* read emails from a Maildir in gnus
@ 2014-01-15 10:38 xeon Mailinglist
  To: info-gnus-english

Hi,

I have my email in a Maildir in the dir ~/Mail/xeonmailinglist

.
├── cur
├── hadoop
│   ├── cur
│   ├── new
│   └── tmp
├── new
└── tmp

I set the .gnus to read the email from that dir, but the email don't appear in the gnu? Why this happens?

.gnus
(setq
; gnus-select-method '(nnmaildir "mymailbox" (directory "~/Mail/xeonmailinglist"))
 mail-sources '((maildir :path "/home/xeon/Mail/xeonmailinglist/" :subdirs ("cur" "new")))
 mail-source-delete-incoming t
 )
(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods nil)
;(setq gnus-message-archive-group "nnmaildir+mymailbox:outbox")

Thanks,
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2014-01-15 14:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> I set the .gnus to read the email from that dir, but the email don't
> appear in the gnu? Why this happens?

> .gnus
> (setq
> ; gnus-select-method '(nnmaildir "mymailbox" (directory "~/Mail/xeonmailinglist"))
>  mail-sources '((maildir :path "/home/xeon/Mail/xeonmailinglist/" :subdirs ("cur" "new")))

mail-sources is used to tell Gnus "This is where incoming email arrives,
get email from there and move it into the mail-groups defined in Gnus."

To me it sounds like you want to access the Maildir
~/Mail/xeonmailinglist directly in Gnus, without moving the emails? If
so, the approach you have commented out is more likely to be in the
right direction, I think.

Check out the documentation of Maildir:

 * http://gnus.org/manual/gnus_196.html

Especially the second and very last paragraphs.

  Best regards,

     Adam

--
 "Och jag vet att allt är falskt och bedrageri                Adam Sjøgren
  Men det struntar jag i                                 asjo@koldfront.dk