From: asjo@koldfront.dk (Adam Sjøgren)
To: info-gnus-english@gnu.org
Subject: Re: How to change to nick name
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 2010 11:37:13 +0100	[thread overview]

On Sat, 13 Mar 2010 06:34:00 -0100, Decare wrote:

> It does really work. There are a further question that why the default
> setting of variable gnus-ignored-from-addresses takes my email address.
> I don't set it intentionally.

Because usually you know your own name, so for emails/articles written
by yourself, it is often more interesting to see to whom you wrote.

The place this comes in the most handy might be in your archive of
outgoing emails:

Instead of seeing a list like this in my nnml+archive:mail-2010:

 O +[  87: Adam Sjøgren           ] [gmane.announce] New group gmane.comp.emulators.virtualbox.user
 O +[  35: Adam Sjøgren           ] Fix infinite loop in EMBL writer.
 O +    [  16: Adam Sjøgren           ]
 O +[  23: Adam Sjøgren           ] Re: Opgradering af soekris
 O +[   5: Adam Sjøgren           ] Garage Biotech

I see something like:

 O +[  87: -> John C. Recipient   ] [gmane.announce] New group gmane.comp.emulators.virtualbox.user
 O +[  35: -> bioperl-l@bioperl.or] Fix infinite loop in EMBL writer.
 O +    [  16: -> bioperl-l@bioperl.or]
 O +[  23: -> Jacob E. Mail       ] Re: Opgradering af soekris
 O +[   5: -> someone@example.com ] Garage Biotech

which is arguably more relevant when you are trying to find an email you
wrote to someone (or an article you wrote in some group).

I think it is a nice little feature.

  Best regards,

    Adam

--
 "riverrun, past Eve and Adam's, from swerve of shore         Adam Sjøgren
  to bend of bay, brings us by a commodius vicus of      asjo@koldfront.dk