* About filtering messages
@ 2007-11-26 18:30 reader
From: reader @ 2007-11-26 18:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

I posted about this earlier and never saw a response, maybe it is so
painfully obvious I should know how... but I don't know or maybe have
forgotten how.

I want to filter newsgroups for a specific author and take some action
on that authors posts automatically.

I don't mean to kill or score or whatever, I want to grab the content
and keep it somewhere.  Not like keeping in the agent sense but
copying the content and a few headers to a file somewhere.

* Re: About filtering messages
@ 2007-11-27  8:39 ` Tassilo Horn
       [not found]   ` <mailman.4196.1196192721.18990.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Tassilo Horn @ 2007-11-27  8:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

reader@newsguy.com writes:

Hi,

> I want to filter newsgroups for a specific author

  / a Author RET

> and take some action on that authors posts automatically.

  M P a

to mark all the postings, and then

  | cat - > foo.txt

to pipe them into the file foo.txt.

Of course, that's not automatically.

Bye,
Tassilo
--
Some people wear Superman pajamas. Superman wears Chuck Norris pajamas.

* Re: About filtering messages
@ 2007-11-27 19:34   ` reader
       [not found]   ` <mailman.4196.1196192721.18990.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: reader @ 2007-11-27 19:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

> Of course, that's not automatically.

Thanks, but automating it is what my question is about.

@ 2007-11-27 21:13     ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2007-11-27 21:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 13:34:02 -0600 reader@newsguy.com wrote:

r> Tassilo Horn <tassilo@member.fsf.org> writes:
>> Of course, that's not automatically.

r> Thanks, but automating it is what my question is about.

Using C-h k, figure out the functions that are called by the keys
Tassilo listed.  They can all be called non-interactively, so you can
assemble the list of articles and process it in a function.

Ted

* Re: About filtering messages
@ 2007-11-29 15:42       ` reader
From: reader @ 2007-11-29 15:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com> writes:

> On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 13:34:02 -0600 reader@newsguy.com wrote:
>
> r> Tassilo Horn <tassilo@member.fsf.org> writes:
>>> Of course, that's not automatically.
>
> r> Thanks, but automating it is what my question is about.
>
> Using C-h k, figure out the functions that are called by the keys
> Tassilo listed.  They can all be called non-interactively, so you can
> assemble the list of articles and process it in a function.

OK, but this sounds like a very awkward way to do things.  I had hoped
there was some way to use sorting like one can with mail.