* how can I prevent read articles from hiding?
@ 2005-02-07 18:10 Josef Dalcolmo
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Josef Dalcolmo @ 2005-02-07 18:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

I use Gnus also as a mail reader. The read articles show up when the
whole group was read, but I'd prefer the read articles to remain
visible all the time. - How can I achieve that?

- Josef

* Re: how can I prevent read articles from hiding?
@ 2005-02-07 18:30 ` Albert Reiner
From: Albert Reiner @ 2005-02-07 18:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

[Josef Dalcolmo <dalcolmo@vh-s.de>, 07 Feb 2005 19:10:11 +0100]:
> I use Gnus also as a mail reader. The read articles show up when the
> whole group was read, but I'd prefer the read articles to remain
> visible all the time. - How can I achieve that?

Don't know if you like that, but my solution is to tick those mails
that I want to keep (!, or gnus-summary-tick-article-forward), and
make them disappear with "d", or gnus-summary-mark-as-read-forward,
when I no longer need them.

HTH,

Albert.

* Re: how can I prevent read articles from hiding?
@ 2005-02-07 18:37 ` David S. Goldberg
From: David S. Goldberg @ 2005-02-07 18:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

See the info node on group parameters, particularly the display parameter.
--
Dave Goldberg
david.goldberg6@verizon.net

* Re: how can I prevent read articles from hiding?
@ 2005-02-07 18:56 ` Adam Sjøgren
From: Adam Sjøgren @ 2005-02-07 18:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 07 Feb 2005 19:10:11 +0100, Josef wrote:

> I use Gnus also as a mail reader. The read articles show up when the
> whole group was read, but I'd prefer the read articles to remain
> visible all the time. - How can I achieve that?

By reading the manual, using Group Parameters:

 <http://www.gnus.org/manual/gnus_29.html#SEC29>

Also, check out the FAQ:

 <http://my.gnus.org/faq/html-chunks/FAQ.html#id2526704>

  Best regards,

--
 "Apparently, there's a leak."                                Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@koldfront.dk