* Re: batching agents
       [not found] <87n0m7ize0.fsf@antithese.de>
@ 2003-01-11 14:23 ` Michael Below
From: Michael Below @ 2003-01-11 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Something related: I run gnus-agent-batch un every ip-up, but my
drafts are not sent automatically -- they get only sent if I switch
from unplugged to plugged via J j
How do I send my articles automatically?

Also, how do I tell gnus that I don't want to quit gnus after
switching to plugged via J j and fetching some articles? It would make
some sense to offer going back to unplugged mode, but quitting is not
what I want to do...

As you can see, I like Gnus, but I'm rather clueless :)

Michael
--
Der hohe Anteil an Dienstreisen fällt auf.
			Niklas Luhmann, Die Weltgesellschaft, ARSP 1971, 8

* Re: batching agents
@ 2003-01-11 20:00   ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2003-01-11 20:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Michael Below <mbelow@antithese.de> writes:

> Something related: I run gnus-agent-batch un every ip-up, but my
> drafts are not sent automatically -- they get only sent if I switch
> from unplugged to plugged via J j
> How do I send my articles automatically?

This has been fixed in Oort Gnus, I think.

> Also, how do I tell gnus that I don't want to quit gnus after
> switching to plugged via J j and fetching some articles? It would make
> some sense to offer going back to unplugged mode, but quitting is not
> what I want to do...

When running Gnus normally and forcing a fetch -- `J j J s J j' --
doesn't quit Emacs.  If you're using `M-x gnus-agent-batch'
interactively -- don't.  :-)

* Re: batching agents
@ 2003-01-11 22:17     ` Michael Below
From: Michael Below @ 2003-01-11 22:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

>> Also, how do I tell gnus that I don't want to quit gnus after
>> switching to plugged via J j and fetching some articles? It would make
>> some sense to offer going back to unplugged mode, but quitting is not
>> what I want to do...
>
> When running Gnus normally and forcing a fetch -- `J j J s J j' --
> doesn't quit Emacs.  If you're using `M-x gnus-agent-batch'
> interactively -- don't.  :-)

Hmmm... I am still being asked if I really want to quit. Maybe that's
because I am automatically running another emacs -f gnus-agent-batch
on each ip-up? Do they interfere?

Also, it seems like articles are not sent automatically, this article
was not sent on my last dialup...

Michael