* Re: can see headers but not messages with imap Gmail
       [not found] <5caefa96-882e-48cc-8975-01aea1726bfb@d19g2000prh.googlegroups.com>
@ 2011-06-12  5:19 ` George Oliver
From: George Oliver @ 2011-06-12  5:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Jun 6, 5:15 pm, George Oliver <georgeolive...@gmail.com> wrote:
> hi, I'm working on using gnus to read imap Gmail for the first time on
> Windows XP. So far I can start gnus OK, I can send mail, and I can see
> all my tags and message headers, but when I try to view the message
> itself (by pressing space) nothing is shown. I get 'Message marked for
> downloading' in the minibuffer instead. If I press RET twice I get
> 'message marked for downloading' and then 'end of message'.

Just a follow-up if anyone else has the same problem, I fixed this by
adding an .authinfo file like so:

 (setq gnus-select-method
       '(nnimap "gmail"
                (nnimap-authinfo-file "~/.authinfo")
                 (nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com")
                 (nnimap-server-port 993)
                 (nnimap-stream ssl)
                 (nnir-search-engine imap)))

only message in thread, other threads:[~2011-06-12  5:19 UTC | newest]