* How to set up multiple username on same IMAP server?
@ 2013-04-01  2:10 Hideyuki Ito
       [not found] ` <mailman.23197.1364788550.855.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Hideyuki Ito @ 2013-04-01  2:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hi,

I'd like to set up multiple username(usreacount) on same IMAP server (imap.gmail.com).

Could you tell me how to write it in .gnus.el and .authinfo ?

Currently, I'd written them as

(setq gnus-select-method '(nnnil)
      gnus-secondary-select-methods
      `(
	(nnimap "FOO"
		(nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com")
		(nnimap-server-port 993)
		(nnimap-authinfo-file "~/.authinfo")
		(nnimap-stream ssl)
		(nnir-search-engine imap))
	(nnimap "BAR"
		(nnimap-inbox "INBOX")
		(nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com")
		(nnimap-server-port 993)
		(nnimap-authinfo-file "~/.authinfo")
		(nnimap-stream ssl)
		(nnir-search-engine imap))
	))

I'd like to use username "foo" and password "passfoo" on Foo IMAP connection and username "bar" and password "passbar" on BAR IMAP connection. What elisp descriptions are required?

Thanks,

--
Hideyuki Ito
An Absolute Beginner

* Re: How to set up multiple username on same IMAP server?
@ 2013-04-01  3:55 ` W. Greenhouse
       [not found] ` <mailman.23197.1364788550.855.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: W. Greenhouse @ 2013-04-01  3:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english-mXXj517/zsQ

Hello Hideyuki,

Hideyuki Ito <ito.hideyuki-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'd like to set up multiple username(usreacount) on same IMAP server
> (imap.gmail.com).
>
> Could you tell me how to write it in .gnus.el and .authinfo ?
>

> Currently, I'd written them as
>
> (setq gnus-select-method '(nnnil)
>       gnus-secondary-select-methods
>       `(
> 	(nnimap "FOO"
> 		(nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com")
> 		(nnimap-server-port 993)
> 		(nnimap-authinfo-file "~/.authinfo")
> 		(nnimap-stream ssl)
> 		(nnir-search-engine imap))
> 	(nnimap "BAR"
> 		(nnimap-inbox "INBOX")
> 		(nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com")
> 		(nnimap-server-port 993)
> 		(nnimap-authinfo-file "~/.authinfo")
> 		(nnimap-stream ssl)
> 		(nnir-search-engine imap))
> 	))
>
> I'd like to use username "foo" and password "passfoo" on Foo IMAP
> connection and username "bar" and password "passbar" on BAR IMAP
> connection. What elisp descriptions are required?
>
> Thanks,

Try this:

~/.gnus.el

(setq gnus-select-method '(nnnil)
     gnus-secondary-select-methods
     '(
        (nnimap "FOO"
		(nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com")
                (nnimap-user "foo-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org"))
	(nnimap "BAR"
		(nnimap-address "imap.gmail.com")
                (nnimap-user "bar-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org"))))

;; nnimap-server-port, nnimap-authinfo-file, nnimap-stream, and
;; nnir-search-engine are at defaults and may safely be omitted

~/.authinfo

machine imap.gmail.com login foo-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org port imaps password foopass
machine smtp.gmail.com login foo-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org port 465 password foopass
machine imap.gmail.com login bar-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org port imaps password barpass
machine smtp.gmail.com login bar-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org port 465 password barpass

> --
> Hideyuki Ito
> An Absolute Beginner

I hope you enjoy Gnus!

For sending, you will need to either use a sendmail application capable
of choosing SMTP accounts based on the From: header, such as msmtp (
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/GnusMSMTP ), or configure Emacs's
built-in smtpmail.el according to one of the methods described in
http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/MultipleSMTPAccounts.  I am currently
happy with using smtpmail.el for multiple accounts, but it does require
some more configuration to be useful.

Best,
Will

--
BOFH excuse #346:

Your/our computer(s) had suffered a memory leak, and we are waiting for
them to be topped up.

@ 2013-04-02 21:08   ` Hideyuki Ito
From: Hideyuki Ito @ 2013-04-02 21:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english; +Cc: info-gnus-english

Hello Sir,

Thank you very much for your help.
Everything goes fine!!
Since I was a user of Wanderlust, it takes a while to get used to a GNUS way.

Thanks again,

2013年4月1日月曜日 12時55分43秒 UTC+9 W. Greenhouse:

--
Hideyuki Ito