* Re: My drafts group has disappeared
       [not found]     ` <87wrt7w7uc.fsf@lifelogs.com>
@ 2010-07-17  7:31       ` Sharad Pratap
       [not found]         ` <87tynmx90j.fsf@lifelogs.com>
From: Sharad Pratap @ 2010-07-17  7:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Wed, Jul 07 2010, Ted Zlatanov wrote:

> On Sun, 4 Jul 2010 14:32:12 -0700 (PDT) Daniel Davison <dandavison7@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> DD> Sorry for the slow reply. Your message hasn't appeared in nntp
> DD> gmane.emacs.gnus.user and so I only came across it when doing a web
> DD> search for my first message. I'm writing in google groups in a browser
> DD> at the moment. It's painful. How does one use gnus to follow this
> DD> mailing list?
>
> I read this newsgroup as gnu.emacs.gnus on a standard USENET server.
> You can use eternal-september (see http://www.eternal-september.org/)
> for instance.
>
> Ted

Ted!

I have seen this reply while searching about something, after
that I have joined Eternal-September.

I wanted to know that for this group gnu.emacs.gnus googlegroup
have 22500 article, here in eternal-september number of article in the
group is ~350.

Could little explain there is some partial synchronization between
googlegroup and eternal-september server.
Or simply you have posted in two different group.

--
-sharad

@ 2010-07-30 21:00           ` Dan
From: Dan @ 2010-07-30 21:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Jul 26, 4:50 pm, Ted Zlatanov <t...@lifelogs.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Jul 2010 13:01:53 +0530 Sharad Pratap <sh4...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> SP> I have seen this reply while searching about something, after
> SP> that I have joined Eternal-September.
>
> SP> I wanted to know that for this group gnu.emacs.gnus googlegroup
> SP> have 22500 article, here in eternal-september number of article in the
> SP> group is ~350.
>
> SP> Could little explain there is some partial synchronization between
> SP> googlegroup and eternal-september server.
> SP> Or simply you have posted in two different group.
>
> eternal-september keeps fewer articles, that's all (googlegroups is not
> really a NNTP server in any case).  NNTP expiration is up to the server
> administrators and the daemon software.  NNTP synchronization is very
> reliable, generally, so I wouldn't worry about missing articles on
> eternal-september.
>
> Ted

I am failing to follow this discussion. Would someone mind explaining
how to use gnus to subscribe to the main gnus mailing list(s) in such
a way that one receives all the messages rather than a subset?

At the moment I have

      16: nntp+news.gmane.org:gmane.emacs.gnus.user(m)
      42: nntp+news.gmane.org:gmane.emacs.gnus.general(m)

and these channels only seem to receive  a fraction of the gnus user
help traffic that internet searches reveal.

@ 2010-07-30 21:01       ` Dan
From: Dan @ 2010-07-30 21:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Jul 7, 12:54 pm, Ted Zlatanov <t...@lifelogs.com> wrote:

> This may be obvious, but have you tried `L' to see all groups?

Ted,

Thanks very much. It seems that was the command I was missing.

Dan

@ 2010-06-26 17:11 Dan Davison
From: Dan Davison @ 2010-06-26 17:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

My drafts group has disappeared and I don't know how to get it back. The
value of nndraft-directory is "~/News/drafts/" and indeed
~/News/drafts/drafts contains my drafts (an empty dir
~/News/drafts/queue also exists).

My server buffer looks like this

     {nnfolder:archive} (opened)
     {nnmairix:mairix} (opened)
     {nntp:news.gmane.org} (opened)
     {nnimap:dc} (opened) (agent)

I don't know what nnfolder is and it seems to be empty. How do I get the
contents of ~/News/drafts/drafts served to me as a gnus group and
behaving as a drafts group should?

Thanks very much,

Dan

emacs 24.0.50.4