* Re: obstreperousness. gnusers.
       [not found] <y44k7i3z8la.fsf@nestle.ai.mit.edu>
@ 2002-12-23 22:10 ` Ian Soboroff
From: Ian Soboroff @ 2002-12-23 22:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Don Saklad <dsaklad@nestle.ai.mit.edu> writes:

> A number of people looking for encouragement have written that they
> don't want to use the newsgroup forum gnu.emacs.gnus

Huh?  I've been lurking and occasionally posting here for heaven knows
how long, and while trolls aren't tolerated, I don't think I've _ever_
seen anyone with a "How do I ..." question flamed.

(Excepting the long and perhaps honourable history of folks wanting to
have a different From header.  But that's actually a nice tendancy to
want to uphold RFC standards.)

I can't count the number of times I've seen Kai walk someone through
something in Gnus.  I actually ran into him at a conference this past
summer, and he was kind enough to answer a Gnus question there, too.

Now, there's a fair comment that many of these questions perhaps
shouldn't _have_ to be asked, they should already be set up for you.
So write your how-to or newbie FAQ or whatever and put it on the web.
That's what the web's for.  But for petes sake, spend your time there
rather than flaming folks here.

ian

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-12-23 22:10 UTC | newest]