* Unicode characters messed up in recent Emacs 24.4 versions?
@ 2014-04-15  7:45 Elias Mårtenson
From: Elias Mårtenson @ 2014-04-15  7:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

I'm using Gnus as shipped with Emacs (fresh off of the source repository).

Am I the only one having problems with non-ASCII characters in HTML mail
(mostly posted from Outlook) buffers? Instead of shopwing the correct
chinese (or whatever) characters they all come out as sequences of control
characters (^A^B^D^E etc...)

This does not necessarily have anything to do with Gnus, or even Emacs. I'm
constantly recompiling Emacs and I'm using Arch Linux so I'm also
constantly updating the operating system. Any suggestions as to where I
should start looking would be appreciated.

Regards,
Elias

* Re: Unicode characters messed up in recent Emacs 24.4 versions?
@ 2014-04-18 17:00 ` Sharon Kimble
From: Sharon Kimble @ 2014-04-18 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Elias Mårtenson <lokedhs@gmail.com> writes:

> I'm using Gnus as shipped with Emacs (fresh off of the source
> repository).
>
> Am I the only one having problems with non-ASCII characters in HTML
> mail (mostly posted from Outlook) buffers? Instead of shopwing the
> correct chinese (or whatever) characters they all come out as
> sequences of control characters (^A^B^D^E etc...)
>
> This does not necessarily have anything to do with Gnus, or even
> Emacs. I'm constantly recompiling Emacs and I'm using Arch Linux so
> I'm also constantly updating the operating system. Any suggestions as
> to where I should start looking would be appreciated.
>
> Regards,
> Elias

I've found the same problem too, but no solution. I come across it when
pasting text from a web posting into emacs.

However, I have a script called 'ebuild' on my blog site which you might find
useful for updating and rebuilding emacs. Its all automatic until it wants to
install in '/usr/local/bin' when it just wants your password to install it.

Sharon.
TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk
Debian testing, Fluxbox 1.3.5, emacs 24.4.50.6

[-- Attachment #1.2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Unicode characters messed up in recent Emacs 24.4 versions?
@ 2014-04-21  3:34   ` Elias Mårtenson
From: Elias Mårtenson @ 2014-04-21  3:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sharon Kimble; +Cc: info-gnus-english