On Thu, Oct 19, 2023 at 12:14 PM Björn Bidar wrote: > Bob Newell writes: > > >> I noticed that when I read a mail on my phone the read statusis > >> still unread when I fetch my mails from my imap server is still > >> unread in > >> Gnus. > >> How can I make Gnus to fetch the read status from Imap? > > > > This could depend on your email client on your phone. At what > > point does it sync back to the IMAP server to say that you've > > read the mail? When the client closes? At certain intervals? > > You might try closing the client and see if that helps. > > The mails that were marked as new in Gnus were in the cur folder of the > imap folder there were from so yes my email client marked them as read. > The thing is, your /client/ may show them as read but may or may not have uploaded that "being read" information to the IMAP server. Do try deliberately closing the client on your phone and see if it helps. You have to be sure (at least on Android) to actually exit the client and not just switch to another app. I closed the client in between I think. I will look how Gnus marks them > as read on my imap server. > -- Bob Newell Honolulu, Hawai`i