From: nospam@dev.null (Alexey Pustyntsev)
To: info-gnus-english@gnu.org
Subject: Re: info-gnus-english Digest, Vol 49, Issue 12
Date: Sat, 12 May 2007 15:18:09 +1100	[thread overview]

info-gnus-english-request@gnu.org writes:

> MTAs) you'll probably have a better time of it. That MTA also receives
> the mail for you if you have local delivery. AFAIK gnus cannot deliver
> mail to you, but needs a backend (calling fetchmail, for instance).

Hi all!

I must tell you guys from my unpleasant experience that fetchmail
sucks. It has many bugs, security holes and needlessly complex
configuration file. I used fetchmail + gnus for more than half a
year. Everything seemed to be OK in the beginning, then, strange
things started happening like reinjecting over a hundred old messages,
each of which was scrupulously marked by the gnus as 'duplicate'. When
I figured out that it was fetchmail's fault I immediately switched to
getmail (highly recommended), which I've been using successfully since
that. Yes, just use getmail. It is free, simple, clean and very
reliable as it was specifically designed to ensure that your mail is
never lost or misdirected.

--
Rgds
Alexey