* gnus automation & mail?
@ 2006-04-18  5:51 David Chmelik
From: David Chmelik @ 2006-04-18  5:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

     I posted earlier asking 4 - 5 reasons why gnus & gnus-unplugged
automation; & maybe nnmail, are pain.  Most unfortunate that people
want it.  I, reject suggestion that I or people asking for help should use
Thunderbird (worse becuase of bugs and the one called gui to top them
off;) and I am replying.  I learned enough lisp to make emacs send
from any e-address I say; then yet another built-in forced/redundant
variable ruined it.
     Lisp makes clear that the 3 variables controlling news dling are
unclear (or I must learn more, or "interface is no better than I would
make" and maybe different per system.)  The gnus-unplugged command to
enable a server / group in some window works not in slackware; is this
a variant undocumented?
     Sorry for no reply to who wrote me, consequential to using trash & web
mailers (I always preferred rmail, 'til it destroyed mail:) I do not even
know this is the right listserv.  You know I could say xemacs for friends,
but it is not gnu, and neither is the os (never mind learning it...) those
friends use, so... I still post this about emacs & xemacs.
from David

* Re: gnus automation & mail?
@ 2006-04-19 22:40 ` David Chmelik
From: David Chmelik @ 2006-04-19 22:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Never mind, I put nntpserver in after news method, and then both in yet
another area besides gnus-group/.el-files.  Though one may always have to
go to the server screen, I must attend to many more critical little-documented
bugs, so bye.  Just keep in mind that emacs, etc. is philosophically best
in ethics, but try to make its' scientific coherence equal its' religious
one.
???--