* Re: Total Gnubie - MID domain?
       [not found] <m2of7fsxkd.fsf@localhost.localdomain>
@ 2002-12-21 10:11 ` Hans-Peter Binder
       [not found]   ` <m2smwrwtnp.fsf@localhost.localdomain>
       [not found] ` <EeoFPnQsLkMYPItv5g38NfOiyPqP@4ax.com>
From: Hans-Peter Binder @ 2002-12-21 10:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Max Quordlepleen <maxq@ded.com> writes:

> I have just started trying to get the hang of Gnus, and already like
> it much more than slrn.  I am, however, a rank newbie, and used the
> dotgen at mygnus.org to get started.  It asked me for a valid domain,
> which I supplied, as you can see here:
>
> (setq user-mail-address "maxq@ded.com"
>       mail-host-address "maxqnz.com"
>       user-full-name "Max Quordlepleen"
>       )
>
> My question is, how do I get my MIDs to use that domain,

    (defun message-make-message-id()
	(concat "<" (message-unique-id)"@" mail-host-address ">"))

Regards/Gruesse
Hans-Peter Binder
--
"Who the f**k is General Failure
and why is he reading my hard disk?"

* Re: Total Gnubie - MID domain?
       [not found]       ` <oulr8cbqt5b.fsf@ID-97657.usr.dfncis.de>
@ 2002-12-21 16:33         ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-12-21 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

lawrence mitchell <wence@gmx.li> writes:

> Alternately, if your box has a correct fqdn anyway, message
> should DTRT automatically.

One can put the FQDN in /etc/hosts, like so: Locate the line that
contains  the current short host name, then add the fully qualified
name at the end.

127.0.0.1 localhost shortname fully.qualified.name

The above is an example only.  The IP address is likely different.

* Re: Total Gnubie - MID domain?
       [not found]       ` <m28yyge50o.fsf@maxqnz.com>
@ 2002-12-24 15:53         ` Paolo Amoroso
From: Paolo Amoroso @ 2002-12-24 15:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 24 Dec 2002 11:37:11 +1300, Max Quordlepleen <maxq@ded.com> wrote:

> Paolo Amoroso <amoroso@mclink.it> writes:
[...]
> > My only problem with Leafnode+ is that, although it can read from multiple
> > NNTP servers with different group hierarchies, it can post only to one
> > server.
[...]
> Seriously? It can only post to _ONE_ server?! That I did not

Here is what I have understood about Leafnode+'s posting features from the
documentation. I haven't experimented yet, but it looks like Jesper's
article in this thread suggests I'm wrong, which is good.

Here is my setup. I have both read and post access to 2 NNTP servers from
my ISP, nntp1.isp.com and nntp2.isp.com. nntp1 provides the usual worldwide
group hierarchies such as alt.*, comp.*, sci.*, etc. nntp2 only provides
hierarchies local to my ISP, e.g. myisp.*, and completely separate from
those of nntp1.

I seem to understand that with Leafnode+, I have read access to both nntp1
and nntp2, but post access to only one of the NNTP servers.

Paolo
http://www.paoloamoroso.it/ency/README