kai.grossjohann@gmx.net (Kai Großjohann) wrote in news:84brzknbzu.fsf@lucy.is.informatik.uni-duisburg.de: > Peter Davis writes: > >> Well, I *thought* that was it. However, I'm now seeing some very >> weird behavior. Specifically: >> >> 1) I fetch new mail. This appears to work normally, and all the >> appropriate groups have unread message counts in the *Group* >> buffer. > > >> 2) I enter a group, and the number of messages in the *Summary* buffer >> doesn't match the message count. For example, the new message >> count said 5 new messages, but only 1 is displayed in the summary >> buffer (and no, it's not a collapsed thread). > > Given that these counts are (bad) estimates anyway, I'm not surprised. > > Does C-u RET show all articles as it is supposed to do? > >> 3) I hit 'n' on that message, and another message gets added to the >> *Summary* buffer. Continuing to type 'n' continues to add messages >> to the *Summary*. > > Hm. There was a variable for auto-extending groups like this. Hm. > I can't find that variable, though. Anyone? > >> 4) At some point, 'n' stops adding messages, and starts simply jumping >> the cursor around among the various displayed articles. However >> ... the display in the *Article* buffer *doesn't* match the line in >> the *Summary* buffer, and I can't get them to match. > > `g' should do the right thing. But I've also seen `n' jumping around. Thanks again, Kai. I'll try this again, re-creating the Active file from scratch. It's entirely possible that the old one didn't quite match the folder structure anymore. Thanks! -pd -- -------- Peter Davis Funny stuff at http://world.std.com/~pd Resources for children's writers & illustrators: http://world.std.com/~pd/cwrl.html