* Emacs Line Numbering Along With Code
@ 2010-07-10 10:42 h4nnibal
From: h4nnibal @ 2010-07-10 10:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hai,
I am using emacs-nox. I have did a small work on my ~/.emacs file to
number my code files. But the issue is that the number comes along
with the text buffer. How can i change it. I have google it and asked
to insert these line too in the ~/.emacs file

<code>
;;cursor's column position
(column-number-mode 1)
;;Separating line numbers from text
(setq width (max width (+ (length str) 1)))
</code>

But it is not working. Please help me.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2010-07-10 10:42 UTC | newest]