* Gnus is sick! `Denied posting -- empty article'
@ 2010-04-13 20:55 Merciadri Luca
From: Merciadri Luca @ 2010-04-13 20:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

* Re: Gnus is sick! `Denied posting -- empty article'
@ 2010-04-14  6:25 ` Cecil Westerhof
From: Cecil Westerhof @ 2010-04-14  6:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Merciadri Luca <Luca.Merciadri@student.ulg.ac.be> writes:

> Now, when I want to send an answer to a message in a given thread,
> whatever the group, I often encounter the `Denied posting -- empty
> article' error. I had never seen this before today.
>
> To post anyway, I am obliged to follow this algorithm:
>
> while (article_post_fails) {
>
> * Use Edit > Undo
> * article_post_fails = doesThisStuffWorks()
>
> }

I have had this problem also several times. Not often, but I did get it.
So he is not the only one who got this problem.

--
Cecil Westerhof
Senior Software Engineer

* Re: Gnus is sick! `Denied posting -- empty article'
@ 2010-04-14  6:43 ` Gijs Hillenius
From: Gijs Hillenius @ 2010-04-14  6:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On 13 Apr 2010, Merciadri Luca wrote:

> For months, I have been using Gnus without any problem for both
> e-mails and Usenet messages.
>
> Now, when I want to send an answer to a message in a given thread,
> whatever the group, I often encounter the `Denied posting -- empty
> article' error. I had never seen this before today.

You write the error never happened before today. Did you make any
changes? Ran updates?

* Re: Gnus is sick! `Denied posting -- empty article'
@ 2010-04-14  9:43   ` Merciadri Luca
From: Merciadri Luca @ 2010-04-14  9:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Apr 14, 8:43 am, Gijs Hillenius <gijs-nos...@hillenius.net> wrote:
> On 13 Apr 2010, Merciadri Luca wrote:
>
> > For months, I have been using Gnus without any problem for both
> > e-mails and Usenet messages.
>
> > Now, when I want to send an answer to a message in a given thread,
> > whatever the group, I often encounter the `Denied posting -- empty
> > article' error. I had never seen this before today.
>
> You write the error never happened before today. Did you make any
> changes? Ran updates?

Yes, I installed AUCTeX. I now get `Search failed: "#"' when I want to
send my message. The message is never sent anymore. I did nothing!
(That is why I use here my Google account to answer; sorry if the
message is not signed.)