* IMAP - second server works only at start-up.
@ 2002-06-04  7:19 Oliver Jennrich
From: Oliver Jennrich @ 2002-06-04  7:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

Oh well,

I haven't found anything useful concerning this problem asking google,
so maybe someone here knows the problem and the answer.

I'm reading mail on two different IMAP-servers (amongst others). The
first one (server1) lives on my side of the firewall and accepts
plaintext authorization, the second one (serevr2) lives outside and
requires a connection through SSL.

On starting gnus, it connects nicely to both servers, does its magic
and gets the mail. Fine. However, if I subsequently hit 'g' in the
group buffer, only server1 is asked again for new mail. Although the
server buffer claims, that the connection to 'server2' is still open,
nothing happens with respect to new mail.

Quitting gnus and restarting it does the trick but is is inconvenient
and so windows...

I've set my nnimap stuff as follows:

(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
      '((nnml "")
	(nnimap "server1"
		(nnimap-list-pattern ("INBOX")))
	(nnimap "server2"
		(nnimap-server-port 993)
		(nnimap-stream ssl)
		(nnimap-list-pattern ("INBOX")))
	)
      )

Gnus is v5.8.8, XEmacs is 21.4.7 "Economic Science (Windows)

Any ideas?

--
Space - the final frontier

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-06-04  7:19 UTC | newest]