* How to hide the mail backend in the groups buffer?
@ 2006-12-01 18:23 Peter Wu
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Peter Wu @ 2006-12-01 18:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

I use gnus to handle emails. The group buffer looks like this.

         0: nndraft:drafts
         0: nndraft:queue
         0: nnfolder+archive:sent
         0: nnmaildir:inbox

How can I hide the mail backends so that the buffer will look like:

         0: drafts
         0: queue
         0: sent
         0: inbox

TIA.

--
Peter Wu
Powered by Gentoo GNU/Linux 2.6.17

"I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance."
                -- Socrates (470-399 B.C.)

* Re: How to hide the mail backend in the groups buffer?
@ 2006-12-01 19:05 ` Tom Rauchenwald
       [not found] ` <mailman.1409.1165000512.2155.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: Tom Rauchenwald @ 2006-12-01 19:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Wu <peterwu@hotmail.com> writes:

> I use gnus to handle emails. The group buffer looks like this.
>
>          0: nndraft:drafts
>          0: nndraft:queue
>          0: nnfolder+archive:sent
>          0: nnmaildir:inbox
>

> How can I hide the mail backends so that the buffer will look like:
>
>          0: drafts
>          0: queue
>          0: sent
>          0: inbox

You need to modify the variable gnus-group-line-format. Mine is currently set
to "%M%S%p%P%5y:%B%(%G%)%l %O\n". I only changed the lowercase g to an
uppercase G, which does exactly what you want.

Tom

* Re: How to hide the mail backend in the groups buffer?
@ 2006-12-01 19:09 ` David Z Maze
       [not found] ` <mailman.1409.1165000512.2155.info-gnus-english@gnu.org>
From: David Z Maze @ 2006-12-01 19:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Peter Wu <peterwu@hotmail.com> writes:

> I use gnus to handle emails. The group buffer looks like this.
>
>          0: nndraft:drafts
>          0: nndraft:queue
>          0: nnfolder+archive:sent
>          0: nnmaildir:inbox
>

> How can I hide the mail backends so that the buffer will look like:
>
>          0: drafts
>          0: queue
>          0: sent
>          0: inbox

I think changing gnus-group-line-format to use %G rather than %g
should do it.

  --dzm

@ 2006-12-01 19:56   ` Peter Wu
From: Peter Wu @ 2006-12-01 19:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 20:05:10 +0100, Tom Rauchenwald wrote:

> Peter Wu <peterwu@hotmail.com> writes:
>
>> I use gnus to handle emails. The group buffer looks like this.
>>
>>          0: nndraft:drafts
>>          0: nndraft:queue
>>          0: nnfolder+archive:sent
>>          0: nnmaildir:inbox
>>

>> How can I hide the mail backends so that the buffer will look like:
>>
>>          0: drafts
>>          0: queue
>>          0: sent
>>          0: inbox
>
> You need to modify the variable gnus-group-line-format. Mine is currently set
> to "%M%S%p%P%5y:%B%(%G%)%l %O\n". I only changed the lowercase g to an
> uppercase G, which does exactly what you want.

Thanks. It works perfectly! :)

From: Peter Wu @ 2006-12-01 19:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 14:09:53 -0500, David Z Maze wrote:

> Peter Wu <peterwu@hotmail.com> writes:
>
>> I use gnus to handle emails. The group buffer looks like this.
>>
>>          0: nndraft:drafts
>>          0: nndraft:queue
>>          0: nnfolder+archive:sent
>>          0: nnmaildir:inbox
>>

>> How can I hide the mail backends so that the buffer will look like:
>>
>>          0: drafts
>>          0: queue
>>          0: sent
>>          0: inbox
>
> I think changing gnus-group-line-format to use %G rather than %g
> should do it.

Thanks. :)

--

@ 2006-12-04  9:44   ` Hadron Quark
From: Hadron Quark @ 2006-12-04  9:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

David Z Maze <dmaze@mit.edu> writes:

> Peter Wu <peterwu@hotmail.com> writes:
>
>> I use gnus to handle emails. The group buffer looks like this.
>>
>>          0: nndraft:drafts
>>          0: nndraft:queue
>>          0: nnfolder+archive:sent
>>          0: nnmaildir:inbox
>>

>> How can I hide the mail backends so that the buffer will look like:
>>
>>          0: drafts
>>          0: queue
>>          0: sent
>>          0: inbox
>
> I think changing gnus-group-line-format to use %G rather than %g
> should do it.

Heh, I'd forgotten how much the %g annoyed me. Thanks from me too :
looks much better. The more you know the more you can learn :-;