* Re: archiving a thread
       [not found] ` <vafn0t7edpv.fsf@lucy.cs.uni-dortmund.de>
@ 2002-07-04 15:24   ` Adrian Kubala
       [not found]     ` <vafr8ijcv03.fsf@lucy.cs.uni-dortmund.de>
From: Adrian Kubala @ 2002-07-04 15:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

I thought of this, but since I want this feature for newsgroups, and
newsgroups aren't split, it doesn't help much.

* Re: archiving a thread
       [not found]     ` <vafr8ijcv03.fsf@lucy.cs.uni-dortmund.de>
@ 2002-07-04 16:59       ` Adrian Kubala
       [not found]         ` <vafwusa72bt.fsf@lucy.cs.uni-dortmund.de>
From: Adrian Kubala @ 2002-07-04 16:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kai  Gro?johann <Kai.Grossjohann@cs.uni-dortmund.de> wrote:
> Or do you mean you want to have copies of the news postings?

Yes.

>     User posts msg X in group N.  You post(!) a followup Y to group N
>     and also archive it in group foo.  User posts a followup Z to
>     your followup Y to group N.  You want Z to be archived in group
>     foo automagically.

Right.

adrian

* Re: archiving a thread
       [not found]           ` <87u1nes3ue.fsf@sixfingeredman.net>
@ 2002-07-05 14:50             ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-07-05 14:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Adrian Kubala <adrian@sixfingeredman.net> writes:

> BUT, I would like all archived messages (mails and news) to go to the
> same server. Can I expire mail to the cache server, and will this
> create problems?

There is no "cache server".  Maybe Lars should have made it
available, but at the moment, the cache works behind the scenes.

What's the advantage of having all messages on the same server?

kai

* Re: archiving a thread
@ 2002-07-05 19:46               ` Adrian Kubala
From: Adrian Kubala @ 2002-07-05 19:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kai  Gro?johann <Kai.Grossjohann@cs.uni-dortmund.de> wrote:
> What's the advantage of having all messages on the same server?

Conceptual cleanliness, nnir only being able to use one backend, and the
ability to easily package ALL old messages by season.

-Adrian