But it looks to me superfluous. I don't think both are very good. If anything, isn't it better to get used to the commands beginning with S? ;-) [1] Gnus provides the `gnus-article-read-summary-keys' function for the summary commands in which each of command is assigned to two or more keys. For instance, the `S' key in the article buffer is bound to it. If a user types `S o m' in the article buffer, Gnus moves to the summary buffer that is associated with the article buffer at the time when the `S' key is pressed. And then it reads remaining keys, looks up the summary command which is bound to that key sequence, and invokes the command. The reason this way cannot be used for the `C-c C-f' keys is that the `C-c' key is a prefix command, which is used with some commands that are not the summary commands, so it cannot be bound to `g-a-r-s-k'.