From: francois.lagarde@gmail.com
To: info-gnus-english@gnu.org
Subject: Re: troubles after have changed locale ISO-8859-15 to utf8
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 02:08:53 -0800 (PST)	[thread overview]

In the last post, on 12/10 about 12h, "Katsumi" (Katsumi Yamaoka)
wrote:

       Katsumi> How about changing it into the following?

       Katsumi> (let ((system-time-locale "fr_FR.utf8") (locale-coding-
system
       Katsumi> 'utf-8)) (format-time-string "nnml:gposted.%Y.news-%m-
%B-%Y"))
       Katsumi> [...]  Anyway, try evaluating such forms in the
*scratch* buffer
       Katsumi> (type `C-j' at the end of the last line).  I got:
       Katsumi> "nnml:gposted.2007.news-12-décembre-2007"

hello,

I have just tried it. The problem is the same. When I send a mail, the
gcc folder is correct, i.e: with correct accent "displayed" such as in
"décembre". But the created folder has a bad encoding. I tried to
change the
system time locale/coding system to fr_FR.ISO-8859-1/latin-1. I got a
bad
displayed folder name and a bad created folder...

Maybe I can find a workaround by setting a english system time locale
and make a
"sed-like" for each of the month: December->decembre (without any
accents..)

--
F. Lagarde