* Anyone having trouble installing Oort 0.18 in Emacs 21.3?
@ 2003-04-26  3:20 Peter Wu
       [not found] ` <87el3pu6fg.fsf@millingtons.org>
From: Peter Wu @ 2003-04-26  3:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

I installed 0.18 but Emacs reports that gnus.elc is not compiled in
Emacs. I tried to do a byte-compile but it reports other .elc are not
compiled. Is this a known issue or I did something wrong?

--
Peter Wu

* Re: Anyone having trouble installing Oort 0.18 in Emacs 21.3?
       [not found] ` <87el3pu6fg.fsf@millingtons.org>
@ 2003-04-27 13:00   ` Peter Wu
       [not found]     ` <iluk7dgc5jv.fsf@latte.josefsson.org>
From: Peter Wu @ 2003-04-27 13:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <87el3pu6fg.fsf@millingtons.org>, Glyn Millington wrote:

> Peter Wu <peterw@hotmail.com> writes:
>
>> I installed 0.18 but Emacs reports that gnus.elc is not compiled in
>> Emacs. I tried to do a byte-compile but it reports other .elc are not
>> compiled. Is this a known issue or I did something wrong?
>

> Sometimes it helps to tell Gnus what you are using.
>

> You probably know all this  but...
>
> Do a "make distclean" inside the directory
> then
>
> ./configure --with-emacs=emacs21
> make EMACS=emacs21
> make install
>
> Have you put the location of your new Gnus in your load path?

I'm using NTEmacs. Thanks!

--
Cheers, Peter

* Re: Anyone having trouble installing Oort 0.18 in Emacs 21.3?
       [not found]         ` <ufzo2gj9n.fsf@hotmail.com>
@ 2003-04-30 16:30           ` Peter Wu
From: Peter Wu @ 2003-04-30 16:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <ufzo2gj9n.fsf@hotmail.com>, Peter Wu wrote:

>   >>> I'm using NTEmacs. Thanks!
>
>   Simon> Try running "make.bat" in the Gnus directory.
>
>   Peter> I ran that make.bat file and got the problem I reported. I have
>   Peter> been using that method from 0.15 and it always works until
> 0.18.
>
> 0.19 installs OK. Thanks.

But, 0.19 has problems installing for XEmacs. :(

--
Peter Wu