* smtp auth in Gnus
@ 2003-05-16  8:08 Subhankar Chatterjee
From: Subhankar Chatterjee @ 2003-05-16  8:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Emacsites,

I am using Gnus v5.9.0 in GNU Emacs 21.2.1. How do I turn on SMTP AUTH?
The smtp server I use requires authentication. I have added these lines in
my .gnus :--

(setq message-send-mail-function 'smtpmail-send-it)
(setq smtpmail-auth-credentials
      '(("my.server.com" "port" "my_id")))

But its still not working. When I send the mail, it gives an error message
saying smtp response error 550. I had included my password after the id,
but it didn't work too. There is no problems with other mail clients when
using the same smtp server.

Help !!!

-Subhankar

* Coloring only the subject in Summary menu
@ 2003-05-16  8:44 ` Kaustuv
From: Kaustuv @ 2003-05-16  8:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,
   I want to color just the main thread name in the summary menu,
so that i can quickly scan throught the newsgroup. I looked through the
documentaion but all the gnus-summary-* faces ended up coloring the entire
line (i.e. coloring sender's email as well as the subject). Is there some way
of coloring just the subject in the summary menu?

For example in the following thread i would only like terms
"How mail automatically?" to be in red, rest should be unaltered.

[   Hongzheng Wang     ] How mail automatically? <== Only this should be in red
       [    Jesper Harder      ]
           [    Hongzheng Wang     ]
           [    Hongzheng Wang     ]

Regards,