* Auto-lang.el and Gnus redraw at each keystroke...
@ 2003-06-04 14:56 Jean-Marc Lasgouttes
From: Jean-Marc Lasgouttes @ 2003-06-04 14:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

I recently got the package auto-lang.el (0.02 beta) and tried
to install it with Gnus as explained in the file:

(require 'auto-lang)
; Automatically enable auto-lang for Gnus:
(add-hook 'message-setup-hook
	  '(lambda ()
	     (auto-lang-minor-mode t)))

It works when composing messages, but with a _big_ drawback:
once the language has been recognized, each keystroke generates a full
buffer redraw. As you can guess the flickering is rather annoying :(

I suspect that I have a problem with another setting, but I do not
have the slightest idea of where to start. I would be grateful if
someone could tell me what setting may be the culprit (I can post
my .emacs if needed).

My setting is Emacs 21.2, gnus 5.10.2 (was the same with 5.9).

Thanks in advance
JMarc

Jean-Marc Lasgouttes, Projet PREVAL, INRIA-Rocquencourt, France
e-mail : jean-marc.lasgouttes@inria.fr

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-06-04 14:56 UTC | newest]