* Re: How to access email using gnus?
       [not found] <mzw8o5bn.fsf@asu.edu>
@ 2004-12-21  1:07 ` Al Arduengo
       [not found]   ` <m2u0qga1fe.fsf@ens.fr>
From: Al Arduengo @ 2004-12-21  1:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Surendra,

The info for gnus does an excellent job of explaining this. 'CTL-h i'
while you are running gnus.

Best,
-Al

--
~/.signature

* Re: How to access email using gnus?
       [not found]             ` <87sm5ywvvi.fsf@inspiron.nicundtas.de>
@ 2004-12-23  2:03               ` Surendra Singhi
       [not found]                 ` <87zn05rylv.fsf@inspiron.nicundtas.de>
From: Surendra Singhi @ 2004-12-23  2:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tassilo Horn wrote:
> Surendra Singhi <efuzzyone@netscape.net> writes:
>

>>How to prevent gnus from deleting the messages after downloading them
>>from the server?
>

> I'm pretty sure it doesn't delete your messages after downloading. (We
> are talking about email messages, right?)

By deleting I mean deleting from the server, I am using a pop3 server
and I don't want gnus to leave a copy of the message on the server. By
default it doesn't.

--
Surendra Singhi

www.public.asu.edu/~sksinghi/

@ 2004-12-24  2:54                   ` Surendra Singhi
From: Surendra Singhi @ 2004-12-24  2:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tassilo Horn wrote:
> Surendra Singhi <efuzzyone@netscape.net> writes:
>

>>By deleting I mean deleting from the server, I am using a pop3 server
>>and I don't want gnus to leave a copy of the message on the server. By
>>default it doesn't.
>

> Ah. Now I understand. Read the Gnus FAQ, Question 3.11.
>
> Regards,
> Tassilo

I checked gnus faq at
http://www.faqs.org/faqs/gnus-faq/

but there is no question 3.11.

Anyway, I made a typo in my earlier email which completely changed the
meaning of my question. I have a Pop3 server and gnus by default deletes
the emails from there, and I don't want that to happen. I want a copy of
email to remain in the server.

Thanks.

--
Surendra Singhi