* How To Add 'Mime-Version' header to incoming email
@ 2009-05-26 17:23 bigfaceworm
From: bigfaceworm @ 2009-05-26 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

All,

Our bug-tracking system sends email, and about a third of the time the
email doesn't have the header

but the contents are in HTML.

Of course gnus doesn't render it, but shows me the crummy HTML.  A
simple 'e C-cC-c' fixes it (edit, end editing) b/c it adds the MIME
header - but I'd like to do that automatically.  Any pointers to hooks/
functions to customize?

thanks,

TJ

* Re: How To Add 'Mime-Version' header to incoming email
@ 2009-05-27  4:37 ` William Xu
From: William Xu @ 2009-05-27  4:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

bigfaceworm <bigfaceworm@gmail.com> writes:

> All,
>
> Our bug-tracking system sends email, and about a third of the time the
> email doesn't have the header

> but the contents are in HTML.
>
> Of course gnus doesn't render it, but shows me the crummy HTML.  A
> simple 'e C-cC-c' fixes it (edit, end editing) b/c it adds the MIME
> header - but I'd like to do that automatically.  Any pointers to hooks/
> functions to customize?

You are looking for: gnus-article-prepare-hook.

--
William

http://xwl.appspot.com

* Re: How To Add 'Mime-Version' header to incoming email
@ 2009-05-27  6:36 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2009-05-27  6:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Tue, May 26 2009, bigfaceworm wrote:

> Our bug-tracking system sends email, and about a third of the time the
> email doesn't have the header

> but the contents are in HTML.
>
> Of course gnus doesn't render it, but shows me the crummy HTML.

Does setting `gnus-article-loose-mime' to t help?

,----[ <f1> v gnus-article-loose-mime RET ]

`----

,----[ <f1> v nnmail-prepare-incoming-header-hook RET ]
| nnmail-prepare-incoming-header-hook is a variable defined in `nnmail.el'.
| Its value is nil
|

| Documentation:
| Hook called narrowed to the headers of each message.
| This can be used to remove excessive spaces (and stuff like
| that) from the headers before splitting and saving the messages.
|
| You can customize this variable.
`----

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: How To Add 'Mime-Version' header to incoming email
@ 2009-05-27 20:26   ` bigfaceworm
From: bigfaceworm @ 2009-05-27 20:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On May 26, 11:36 pm, Reiner Steib <reinersteib+gm...@imap.cc> wrote:
> Does setting `gnus-article-loose-mime' to t help?

Beautifully!

Thanks.

TJ