* nnimap: respooling v. moving
@ 2002-10-04 18:08 Edward O'Connor
From: Edward O'Connor @ 2002-10-04 18:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi there.

I've been using Gnus for my mail and news needs for a while, and
it's all good and wonderful and stuff. I've recently started a new
job, and am using nnimap for work email. This is my first time
using nnimap.

My usual MO is to enter my inbox when I have new messages, and
immediately type M P b B r RET to respool my messages where I'd
like them to go. This has always worked for me in the past. But
when I do this at work, I get an error:

,----
| Copying to nnimap: (1846)...
| error in process filter: imap-parse-response: Internal error, tag 834 status BAD code nil text Missing required argument to APPEND
| error in process filter: Internal error, tag 834 status BAD code nil text Missing required argument to APPEND
| Missing required argument to APPEND
| Couldn't Copy article 1846: Missing required argument to APPEND
`----

M P b B m <foo> RET works fine, but I would much rather use B r
than B m. Any idea what I should do?

I'm using Gnus v5.9.0 with GNU Emacs 21.2.1 (i386--freebsd, X
toolkit, Xaw3d scroll bars) of 2002-08-25 on oecpc11.ucsd.edu.

The IMAP server says that it's "IMAP4rev1 v12.261".

Thanks!

Ted

--
Edward O'Connor
oconnor@soe.ucsd.edu

only message in thread, other threads:[~2002-10-04 18:08 UTC | newest]