* open several existing 'maildir' mailboxes
@ 2005-08-19 11:26 Fabian Braennstroem
From: Fabian Braennstroem @ 2005-08-19 11:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I am using mutt and procmail for a while and just changed the
mailbox-format from mbox to maildir. Like mentioned the mail is filtered
with procmail and my Mailfolder looks like:

~/MuttMail/
  CFD-OpenFoam_Other/
  CFD-Paraview/
  CFD-VTK/
  ALLG-1und1/

where every folder has the standard subdir: new, tmp, cur

Now, for the setup of Gnus I am not sure how I could do that.

(setq mail-sources
'((nnmaildir :path "~/MuttMail/CFD-VTK/" :subdirs ("cur" "new"))))

A while ago I used gnus with the nnml-backend and with 'internal'
filtering by gnus that worked well.
Does anybody have an idea?

Greetings!
Fabian

* Re: open several existing 'maildir' mailboxes
@ 2005-08-19 21:12 ` Reiner Steib
From: Reiner Steib @ 2005-08-19 21:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Aug 19 2005, Fabian Braennstroem wrote:

> where every folder has the standard subdir: new, tmp, cur
>
> Now, for the setup of Gnus I am not sure how I could do that.
>
> (setq mail-sources
> '((nnmaildir :path "~/MuttMail/CFD-VTK/" :subdirs ("cur" "new"))))

Are you sure that you want to use maildir as a mail source instead of
using nnmaildir?

If it's standard, you probably don't need to specify man server
parameters.  See (info "(gnus)Maildir") for details.

The setup may look like this:

(add-to-list
 'gnus-secondary-select-methods
 '(nnmaildir "test"
	     (directory "foo")
	     (create-directory "bar")
	     (directory-files nnheader-directory-files-safe)
	     (get-new-mail t)) t)

Bye, Reiner.
--
       ,,,
      (o o)

* Re: open several existing 'maildir' mailboxes
@ 2005-08-22  9:42   ` Fabian Braennstroem
From: Fabian Braennstroem @ 2005-08-22  9:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Reiner,

Reiner Steib wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 19 2005, Fabian Braennstroem wrote:
>

>>where every folder has the standard subdir: new, tmp, cur
>>
>>Now, for the setup of Gnus I am not sure how I could do that.
>>
>>(setq mail-sources
>>'((nnmaildir :path "~/MuttMail/CFD-VTK/" :subdirs ("cur" "new"))))
>

> Are you sure that you want to use maildir as a mail source instead of
> using nnmaildir?
>
> If it's standard, you probably don't need to specify man server
> parameters.  See (info "(gnus)Maildir") for details.
>
> The setup may look like this:
>
> (add-to-list
>  'gnus-secondary-select-methods
>  '(nnmaildir "test"
> 	     (directory "foo")
> 	     (create-directory "bar")
> 	     (directory-files nnheader-directory-files-safe)
> 	     (get-new-mail t)) t)

Thanks for your hints! I will try it out and see if I can get it running...

Best Greetings!
Fabian