* Gnus Digest Mode and Google Groups
@ 2010-08-27 15:57 khj
       [not found] ` <4c78b4f9$0$50443$14726298@news.sunsite.dk>
From: khj @ 2010-08-27 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

I've scanned back through prior postings and done the mandatory Google
search, but could not find the info I need.  So, here's a new post ...

My university's NetNews feed has "dried up".  I found that using NNTP
and Gnus worked very well.  But, no more  :(

Using Google Groups and requesting a "digest" email, produces just a
single, hard to read article (even when I use C-d to invoke gnus-
summary-enter-digest-group).

Does anyone have this working?  If so, please share your solutions/
configuration!

Thanks,

Kenneth

* Re: Gnus Digest Mode and Google Groups
@ 2010-08-29 17:38 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
       [not found] ` <4c78b4f9$0$50443$14726298@news.sunsite.dk>
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 2010-08-29 17:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

khj <khjacker@gmail.com> writes:

> Using Google Groups and requesting a "digest" email, produces just a
> single, hard to read article (even when I use C-d to invoke gnus-
> summary-enter-digest-group).

nndigest can probably be adapted to be able to parse their digest mail?
Do you have one handy that can be used for testing purposes?

* Re: Gnus Digest Mode and Google Groups
@ 2010-08-31 12:49   ` khj
From: khj @ 2010-08-31 12:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Aug 29, 1:38 pm, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <la...@gnus.org> wrote:

> nndigest can probably be adapted to be able to parse their digest mail?
>
> Do you have one handy that can be used for testing purposes?

Sure!

I'll get one together and email it ...

Thanks Lars,

@ 2010-08-31 13:57   ` khj
From: khj @ 2010-08-31 13:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Aug 28, 3:04 am, Uday Reddy <uDOTsDOTre...@cs.bham.ac.uk> wrote:

[ Sorry, Uday ... I forgot to reply to you ... ]

> Try news.eternal-september.org.

Wow, thanks for that site ... didn't know it existed.

Looks like I can either have my University use it and/or
access the "feed" directly via Gnus ...

Options!   This approach or using Google Groups and
a possible Lars-modified 'nndigest' mode ...

-Kenneth