* Consequent Matches in `NNMAIL-SPLIT-METHOD'
@ 2009-05-31  6:27 Volkan YAZICI
From: Volkan YAZICI @ 2009-05-31  6:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

Hi,

How can I make `NNMAIL-SPLIT-METHOD' to stop after the first found
match, instead of processing the rest. (I can use a lambda with a
counter closure variable instead of a regex string, but I'd like to
learn if there is a more sensible way of it.)

Regards.

* Re: Consequent Matches in `NNMAIL-SPLIT-METHOD'
@ 2009-07-08 14:39 ` Ted Zlatanov
From: Ted Zlatanov @ 2009-07-08 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: info-gnus-english

On Sat, 30 May 2009 23:27:21 -0700 (PDT) Volkan YAZICI <volkan.yazici@gmail.com> wrote:

VY> How can I make `NNMAIL-SPLIT-METHOD' to stop after the first found
VY> match, instead of processing the rest. (I can use a lambda with a
VY> counter closure variable instead of a regex string, but I'd like to
VY> learn if there is a more sensible way of it.)

I think you have to use fancy splitting for that.  It works as you
describe and is much more powerful, plus you won't need a lambda with a
counter closure variable ;)

Ted